cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Network Connectivity Issues

Simple_Scott
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone.

I'm having seriously frustrating issues connecting to the network day to day. I've been a PM customer for 5 years or so and have been happy with my service for the majority of that time. Starting a few months ago I have been having trouble sending / receiving texts, making / receiving phonecalls, and connecting to the internet with data. I'm not sure what action the issues would line up with and may have caused it.

I have an LG G7 running LineageOS 20. Previously it was running DotOS without issue but then the connection problems started and I decided to refresh. 

I live in Prince George BC but don't think that is the issue. I frequently leave cell service for work and am only in service for a few days at a time. My number is from Ontario though.

The SIM card is clean and I take it out often to try to help. I restart the phone often. In fact the phone will say I have full LTE connection and still refuse to send or receive or connect to internet.

I am currently on the 3G plan because I am so infrequently actually in service.

Anyone have any ideas? I am starting to think this is a network issue with my SIM or something. It could also be the phone but to have the issue appear at what feels like random makes me think not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

Simple_Scott

Hey there @hTideGnow. Resetting the network seems to help in the immediate term but it does seem to 'disconnect' some time later without notification. I will try the SIM in the same model running stock and will see if there is any improvement but this issue wasn't present a few months ago still running a different ROM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Simple_Scott not sure if it is an issue with your OS, it is not the stock one

But try to Reset all networks and test

also, try your PM sim card in another phone and see  if better

Simple_Scott

Thank you Ranabbb for the map. If I am reading the site correctly and using the 3G filter for Telus, we can rule out this being the issue. I also understand 3G will eventually disappear but there will be plenty of notice associated with that.

Screenshot_20240111-105137_Firefox.png

Ranabbb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public is under Telus, if you google "telus towers map" (use the cellmapper.net link) you can look up the towers they have set up nearby and see the closest ones to you, if there are none nearby then you likely will have limited or no service in those areas.

3g will eventually be shut down so the plans will cease to exist, coverage for it is limited 

Need Help? Let's chat.