cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REFUND

marivelloso
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn’t authorize Public Mobile to save my credit card information and charge me monthly.

I had to use my public mobile number last month for the last time that’s why I topped it up. It was a one-time thing. 

I’m contesting the charge with Amex and I want a refund. After that, I’m not paying for this number and it will become inactive.

24 REPLIES 24

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious @softech , @dust2dust  some people just can’t be helped & are happier just to complain to the very customers in this public community forum that OP asked for help from! You all did all you could to help the OP.

I am sorry @darlicious that you were disrespected that way when all you were doing was going above & beyond to help fix things for the OP all while also trying to helping another! All the OP needed to do was kindly reject your offer for help. I was upset all night over this! Unfortunately kindness & respect are very rare these days!

@marivelloso   if you don't take the offer, you can pass..but accusing someone as a scammer?   

and you are wrong, forum are being monitored.  PM supports are checking this.  Oracle will also monitor any questionable post and report them

And you should understand Pre-authorized payment setup   From what I see, failing to read the fine print and understand that it was enabled automatically, or failing to disable it in time is not a legit reason to request for a refund.  

@marivelloso- Oh my. That's quite an accusation. The fellow customer is trying to get you out of a bind of your own doing. Unknowingly obviously. But your own doing.

They are offering to take over the account and let you walk away with the amount of money you're out from paying for the renewal. From your end, you would remove anything connected to you in real life. You can change everything. Then you just hand over the keys and away you go. They could pay you indirectly anonymously if you like.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@marivelloso 

OK I apologize if I made you feel that way. I didn't mean to.....I won't bother you again. Again my apologies. 😔

marivelloso

Well, I think you are a scammer. This forum is not being monitored. 

@marivelloso consider @darlicious "deal" , she was trying to help out people who really need  accounts with low plan price 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@marivelloso 

If pm doesn't refund you...consider letting me.....I have a very deserving candidate for the next rewards account I can save from cancellation. Think of the pleasure you can get from knowing that by donating your account ( with refund) to a worthy cause in a few years you will costing them a minimum of $84 in rewards per year that they have to pay for as long as they are in business or give or take a few decades?!!😁

Hi @marivelloso when you put a credit card on the system it will enable Pre-authorized payment.   I see that likely you overlook that instead of a problem with PM system 

marivelloso

I'm still waiting for the response from the Public Mobile Agent (private message)... If Public Mobile can't resolve this today or tomorrow, Amex will contest the charge. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@marivelloso

Indeed when you added your credit card as mentioned by @dust2dust it automatically enrolled you for autopay and enabled it. If this was the very first time you had accessed the newly redesigned self serve accounts I could see how it was overlooked and the inability to remove your card from your account without the assistance of customer support has the sniff of negative billing to it?

Did customer support have a satisfactory resolution for you? Have you considered donating your account to someone else in need? 😀😇

@marivelloso @Yay happy it all worked out for you 

marivelloso

YES!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So likely through the system changeover the lack of a registered card carried over. How did you pay from mid-July until last month? Maybe you kept the account alive with vouchers. So then last month you decided to pay with a card. I suspect that this action automatically turned on autopay. I suspect there was a line there stating that this was going to happen. But of course who reads stuff these days.

Then your renewal came around after that and the system dutifully took the payment.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@marivelloso 

Dang it....I was hoping you were here longer? It's more likely your payment history shows $15 - $2 (autopay) +$1 (loyalty)=$12+$1.80=$13.80?

Oh well my earlier offer of a refund and/or a "replacement" card for your account stands.

marivelloso

November 2021

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@marivelloso 

I think you possibly have a very excellent point. Is it safe to assume that your plan is the $15?

Does your payment history for this charge basically show:

$15 - $3 (loyalty rewards)=$12+$1.80(tax)=$13.80?

@marivelloso   for this particular account, when did you join?

marivelloso

I never authorized Public Mobile to charge my credit card monthly. Don’t you understand that? 

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No refunds.  It is your responsibility to deactivate your number. 

Public Mobile doesn't use a crystal ball to know what customers want or don't want to happen.

cgzhao

apparently you were not happy, you mentioned unauthorized, but this cc was given by you,right?did you do something to suspend or delete your PM account .or stop autopayment,so they stop charging you? not like just say i am not using it anymore. if you dont contact PM, no one knows your intensiotn,   you might have done that? but your post only gave these information. good luck cancelling your account. take care

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@marivelloso wrote:

I never authorized this payment of $13.80 on my Amex. I’m not using this cellphone number anymore. I topped it up last month as a one time thing.

I want my refund!!! I’m contesting this charge with Amex. 

I want ant my phone number to become inactive as I don’t need it anymore!!!

@marivelloso - Note, just stopping using a public mobile sim card does not prevent charges if you had a credit card attached with autopay on.

You need to either port out the phone number, or remove the payment method (or shut off autopay), then it will go into nonpay suspended status, and in 90 days in this status the account permanently closes.

As long as you do not have another account using this same Amex card then contesting it with Amex should reverse/charge back the charge. This should freeze or disable your public mobile account and prevent future charges.

If you do have another account using this Amex, it may mess up your other account(s) using the chargeback method though.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@marivelloso 

I will refund you the plan amount charge if you let me take over your rewards earning account. I will give you the details of a $0 credit gift card that you can replace your credit card with it. Change your personal details in your profile page which can include the 4 digit account pin #, the phone # and the password. Disable 2FA. Pass along the login credentials and I'll refund the $13.80. Then I get to donate the account to someone on a low or fixed income who would truly appreciate an account that earns rewards to lower their bill so they can afford to stay connected. Please contact me by private message if it's something you would consider?

My offer of the $0 gift credit card details stands either way.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@marivelloso 

You indicated that you don’t use the cell phone number, did you disable AutoPay and remove your CC?

Once you stop payment for 90 days, your account will be closed and SIM will be useless.

Contact a CS_Agent look into this for you and ask for a refund.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@marivelloso @Log in to your public mobile self serve account and go to payment tab and disable auto pay . If you have trouble signing in tty incognito mode private mode , there are cave issues as for refunds there typically is not any as this is prepaid service ..but you can reach out to support and see what they say 

Getting help from agent

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get                       

Or get help right here in the community

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work

Need Help? Let's chat.