cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quit Public Mobile

Ann3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After nine years I am quitting Public Mobile Service.  I am fed up with the number of times they have cut off my service without warning and left me stranded all because of a payment mis-hap. And when I try to make a payment I can't and the WORST is that you don't get and Customer Support from.

them.  They really suck.

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ann3 

Yes....its a shame and it's too bad that you will give up the discount and pay more somewhere else and sign your finances over to a provider thru pre-authorized payments. I relied on auto pay once and it did not fail as my back up plan to pay for my services the one time I forgot to pay.

Otherwise when I still had to pay for my plan I would get the reminder text to pay, I would sign in, top up, take a screenshot of my overview page and sign out. Then when I got the  successful renewal text sign back in check that everything reset properly and take a screenshot of my payment history and sign out again.

All good for another 30 days. A whole 5 minutes out of my life to ensure my service continues uninterrupted.....until the other day when I self suspended for the first time in nearly 3 years while I fight back against a completely unreasonable 30% rate hike to the $10 50/50 plan. An unjustifiable $3 rate hike increase to $13!

Otherwise I have been very happy with public mobile although they may not be so happy with me at the moment....?🤔

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ann3  "not pre-paying that much"

Keep an out for discounted vouchers here: https://canadiancellsupplies.com

@moonmack wrote:

I have had some trouble with autopay, but haven't had my service shut off.  Here's my solution

1. Turn on autopay - at least it gives me the $2 off (or points now, but I'm on the older rewards system)

2. Manually add the amount I need for next month and leave it sit on my account.

3. Repeat every month.

So I pre-pay for a month (or two depending on how you count), but there's never a time when my service has been disconnected.  Since I'm on the $15 plan I'm down to $6 a month, so I'm not pre-paying that much.  In the event there's a payment error I have a month for it to get fixed so I have no real concerns about my phone being shut off.

I'm not trying to convince you to stay, but I understand that the payment mis-haps are a problem and I'm sharing my solution.

@moonmack 

EXACTLY. Had the same issue a couple of times over 10 year period with Telus Prepaid. Same issue here. And an extra step yes.....I call it the Auto Pay Hybrid.....never an issue. Just keep MANUALLY paying ahead of time and reap the low cost benefits. You can pay ahead for 1 2 or 3 months if you like...

moonmack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had some trouble with autopay, but haven't had my service shut off.  Here's my solution

1. Turn on autopay - at least it gives me the $2 off (or points now, but I'm on the older rewards system)

2. Manually add the amount I need for next month and leave it sit on my account.

3. Repeat every month.

So I pre-pay for a month (or two depending on how you count), but there's never a time when my service has been disconnected.  Since I'm on the $15 plan I'm down to $6 a month, so I'm not pre-paying that much.  In the event there's a payment error I have a month for it to get fixed so I have no real concerns about my phone being shut off.

I'm not trying to convince you to stay, but I understand that the payment mis-haps are a problem and I'm sharing my solution.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

You may want to "sell" your account, sounds like you racked up quite the rewards. Unless you really need the number immediately of you do change. I'm sure there would be a lot of ppl out there who would make it worth your while. I would be one of them if I didn't need my number as much as I do. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ann3 

it is sad.  Yes.  PM might not be easy to use in some situation.   Support is all online and it might not work for everyone. 

Just a reminder , make sure you login to My Account, disable Autopay and remove the credit card.

You can also choose to port out your number and then your account will be closed once the porting is completed.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I don't suppose you're on the $10 plan? But you've been here for 9 years, you would know about the online only support. But you would have been here at the time that support was available in 611 for certain plan holders.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear that. You accumulated $5 in loyalty and most likely $2 with autopay. Good discount...

But if lacking of live support if priority for you then nothing can change your mind. Some people do not mind ticketing and messaging agent but it is not for everybody.

Good luck with new service; let us know where do you go and how is their service...

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Ann3 

hi I understand your frustration all customer service is online here  you will need to open a ticket through Simon to speak to an customer service agent mention your issue they can help

Click here 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Ann3 , sorry to see you go.  I have been with Public Mobile almost 6 years.  I have never had any service disruptions.  I have 5 accounts.  

Need Help? Let's chat.