cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick switch adapter for Refurbished Pixel 4a from Public Mobile

whittl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently purchased a refurbished "Like New" Pixel 4a from Public Mobile.  I did not receive a Quick Switch Adapter, When purchased brand new it comes with the adapter, needed to transfer data/files from old android phone (larger connector) to the new Pixel (smaller connector), and also to download files from the new phone to desktop or laptop.  Can I get the adapter from Public Mobile?

14 REPLIES 14

@whittl   If you friend has a Samsung phone, any phone from Galaxy S7 , S8, S9, Note 9 or show would also come with such adapter. Ask them to lend you one.  You only needs it once for the Quick Switch (unless you want to use it to connect USB things later)

or you can buy one off Amazon, search OTG adapter

@whittl wrote:

I've tried Walmart, Best Buy and Staples and neither of those places have the adapter, or can offer a substitute.  I'm not sure where to get it.  Can anyone tell me where to get it or exactly what I need as a substitute?

Thanks

Morning @whittl  - i thought the Customer Support agents helped you in this issue/thread? Did they not?

Have you checked out Best Buy online, and or Amazon?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pixel+4a+quick+switch+adapter&sxsrf=AOaemvISBXRvyShgDETDkjxR-FhJDxue...

There may be other ways to transfer your data to your Pixel.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7129955?hl=en

See also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqCu303cMLk

Copying data without cable is shown here: https://guidebooks.google.com/pixel/transfer-your-data/how-to-switch-from-android

whittl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've tried Walmart, Best Buy and Staples and neither of those places have the adapter, or can offer a substitute.  I'm not sure where to get it.  Can anyone tell me where to get it or exactly what I need as a substitute?

Thanks

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@whittl wrote:

Can I get the adapter from Public Mobile?

If it was supposed to come in the package and its missing then you can certainly create a ticket with service agents.

If it was not mentioned in the package you ll receive then 'no' PM wont provide one.

@Anonymous wrote:

We've had this discussion before with the "original manufacturer wall charger" where someone was wondering about the fast charger that should have been included but wasn't. Now this "data cable". Well...is that just the cable from the wall wart to the phone that we can all get anywhere? Or is it this special "Quick Switch' doodad. Not likely. What I suspect happens is that the original purchaser of the phone poaches what they want from the original product and then returns it without those original parts.

Inexpensive replacement cables can be poor quality and not support quick charge.  The connections get loose too. If someone switches the cable, the return department won't see that the cable is different.

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv @hairbag1 

i think the CSA has a 2 option for @whittl 

1. If you are not satisfied, you can return your purchase for an exchange or refund, with the original sales receipt, within 30 days from purchase date if bought online. Click link, for more information regarding our return policies.

2. maybe the offer a one time credit to cover the cost...

@Anonymous  - according to what was posted in this thread, it appears Public Mobile fulfilled the purchase/produce details with the OP.

Not sure what else Public Mobile owes anyone here. Just my opinion in what I am reading.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv @hairbag1 

i think the CSA has a 2 option for @whittl 

1. If you are not satisfied, you can return your purchase for an exchange or refund, with the original sales receipt, within 30 days from purchase date if bought online. Click link, for more information regarding our return policies.

2. maybe the offer a one time credit to cover the cost...

Not sure how contacting the CSA is going to satisfy the OP. His options seem to be either buy the wires he needs himself...or return it as per PM 30 day money back guarantee  guidelines.

@hairbag1 wrote:

Here's what's included with the purchase of the phone...

Package Content:

Certified Pre-Owned phone, original manufacturer wall charger, data cable

What if I’m not satisfied with the phone I purchased?

• You can shop with confidence, because we have a 30-day Money Back Guarantee! If you are not happy with your purchase, simply follow the steps in this help article for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.

Well there you go @whittl . @hairbag1 and @Anonymous  listed it, Quick Switch is not listed. I am sure you can find one at a cost efficient price elsewhere.

Edit: removed multiple quotes. why'd it do that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We've had this discussion before with the "original manufacturer wall charger" where someone was wondering about the fast charger that should have been included but wasn't. Now this "data cable". Well...is that just the cable from the wall wart to the phone that we can all get anywhere? Or is it this special "Quick Switch' doodad. Not likely. What I suspect happens is that the original purchaser of the phone poaches what they want from the original product and then returns it without those original parts.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Here's what's included with the purchase of the phone...

Package Content:

Certified Pre-Owned phone, original manufacturer wall charger, data cable

What if I’m not satisfied with the phone I purchased?

• You can shop with confidence, because we have a 30-day Money Back Guarantee! If you are not happy with your purchase, simply follow the steps in this help article for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of purchase.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@whittl @esjliv 

Package Content: Certified Pre-Owned phone, original manufacturer wall charger, data cable..

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@whittl wrote:

I recently purchased a refurbished "Like New" Pixel 4a from Public Mobile.  I did not receive a Quick Switch Adapter, When purchased brand new it comes with the adapter, needed to transfer data/files from old android phone (larger connector) to the new Pixel (smaller connector), and also to download files from the new phone to desktop or laptop.  Can I get the adapter from Public Mobile?

@whittl  - did it say an adapter was included when you completed the purchase with Public Mobile?

If not, than I don't see Public Mobile providing it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@whittl 

you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to 
them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.