cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queuing

Jello2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My text messages are not in logical order,  i.e. responses to my texts appear in a thread before my sent texts and are also time stamped prior to my messages! How can this be? Very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi there,@Jello2!

If you tried the solutions provided in the comments and the issue still persist, please submit a ticked via SIMon and one of our colleagues will help you out as soon as possible! They might need to take a look into your account!

Until then, I wish you all an excellent day and thank you for your help! You're doing an amazing job! ^_^

Ella PM Mod Team

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There's not much public mobile can do here.

What is the difference you see in the time stamp of the text messages?
This will clue in on the problem area.

If the difference is in hours, you can verify your time zone settings on your phone or texting app.

Note the time you are sending your text. And when does it appear on your app?

If the difference is a few minutes, you can check your texting app settings. What app you're using? If possible, you should try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

@Jello2 wrote:

Thanks, I'll try that. However, this only started when I switched to Public Mobile. 

@Jello2  I find it quite remarkable that pm supplies real time usage (with the exception of data). When you are logged into your account it does not update but you can track your usage quite easily once you wrap your head around the time zone difference. The data time delay can be tested by logging out of WiFi at home and using a small amount of mobile data and then returning to your WiFi and noting the time. You can then log into your account at least 3 hours later to see if it appears...eventually you will be able to see the lag time.

Jello2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, I'll try that. However, this only started when I switched to Public Mobile. 

@Jello2  Depending on where You live the usage summary will not accurately reflect chronologically when calls or texts re sent. In bc my calls are recorded in pt my texts are in et  and the mms and data I haven't quite figured out yet.

v2131111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jello2 wrote:

My text messages are not in logical order,  i.e. responses to my texts appear in a thread before my sent texts and are also time stamped prior to my messages! How can this be? Very frustrating. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Don't be frustrated  this has nothing to do with the Public Mobile Network?  There is some sort of a screw up with your phone itself.  Play around with the settings to figure it out or post more details about your device to get help from the community.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Jello2What phone and app you are using? Have you set your phone to the correct time zone? It might be more useful to go to your phone manufacturer's support website (or your messaging app) in order to get more pertinent advice.

Need Help? Let's chat.