cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding previous $40 for 6gb data Koodo Promo

L_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is it correct that only people who were on a $40 4gb of data plan with Public Mobile were given the $40 6gb of data promo offer to move to Koodo back in February? And that people who were on any other kind of plan with Public Mobile did not receive the Koodo promo offer?

I ask because I am currently interested in the $45 for 5.5 gb of data plan for Public Mobile, but if choosing the $40 for 4.5 gb of data plan increases the likelihood of getting a $40 for 6gb of data offer to move to Koodo in the future, perhaps I'm better off choosing that plan...

Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

14 REPLIES 14

@L_ wrote:

Ahh I see, thank you very much for the information!

These promos also targeted the LTE plans and  all current promo offers with PM are 3G. Other PM LTE plans received migration offers to go to koodo as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

the koodo migratiation offer wasn't bad, just depends on your personal need, especially on hardware subsidy. 

L_

Ahh I see, thank you very much for the information!

@L_ wrote:

Thank you all for your responses, there definitely seems to be consensus that future offers are too unpredictable so not to concern myself about it, which I agree now is probably best.

However, my question regarding whether it's true that only those on $40 PM plans received the previous Koodo promo offer hasn't been answered yet...

If you are referring to the offer back in February/March, yes it was offered to those who had the 2016 fall promo only and nobody else.  Since then, there have been many other targeted migration offers.  BTW, we don't have a $40 plan, it is actually $120/90 days/12 gigs data.

@NDesai wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@meocon wrote:

@L_ For now 4.5GB for $40 is the best plan so far if you need it just go for it. If you’re in MB, you can get $45 for 8GB with Koodo

Really?  If one was in MB, they simply need to walk into a Koodo or partner store and order the $45 for 8 GB plan.  Alternatively, go online and do the same.  Why postulate jumping through flaming hoops needlessly?

But why pay a little more if one is does not need that much data Smiley Tongue

Well this too.  There are a lot of people who like to hoard data for fear of running out.  It would be interesting if at the end of a billing period, people would take note of the actual data usage and divide that into the plan cost to price out the real cost of a gig of data.  The numbers could be rather startling.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Now that I have my rant out of the way, let me just say that customers should shop the offers at face value for what they are and not what they could morph into.  This way, there will be no delusions of grandeur and thus no disappoinment.  The ongoing $40 for 4.5GB is not a bad offer.  It doesn't sound so great to have "3G" data, but if it really doesn't make that much difference who cares?  Given all the possible ways to earn rewards to offset plan costs, it is quite easy to reduce the $40 cost to a lower value and quite possibly a much lower value.  Any extras that may come with a Koodo migration is not without expense.  As someone who has the 2016 fall promo and is still here today, trust me when I say that Koodo is not always the panacea.  My wish is actually not for another migration offer, but rather a betterment of the pricing for a 90 day plan with 15 to 18GB of usage.  For that, I might be willing to give up my current plan.  Sorry Telus, I know this is not what you want to hear.

@will13am wrote:

@meocon wrote:

@L_ For now 4.5GB for $40 is the best plan so far if you need it just go for it. If you’re in MB, you can get $45 for 8GB with Koodo

Really?  If one was in MB, they simply need to walk into a Koodo or partner store and order the $45 for 8 GB plan.  Alternatively, go online and do the same.  Why postulate jumping through flaming hoops needlessly?

But why pay a little more if one does not need that much data Smiley Tongue

L_

Thank you all for your responses, there definitely seems to be consensus that future offers are too unpredictable so not to concern myself about it, which I agree now is probably best.

However, my question regarding whether it's true that only those on $40 PM plans received the previous Koodo promo offer hasn't been answered yet...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@L_, if you can help me predict the winning numbers for the upcoming lottery draw this weekend, I will help to guess what migration plan will be offered in the future.  Seriously, what happened back in February/March of this year is something I am quite confident will never be repeated again.  That migration was a first of a kind mass migration where a very large number of Public Mobile customers were "encouraged" to migrate to Koodo, first using sticks (threat of 25% price increase) and then later with candy (improvement to migration offer twice).  Given the recent track record, it is reasonable to assume that a migration offer will come.  However, it is totally unreasonable to expect that it would be anything more than a one to one offer.  The first migration offer for the 2016 fall promo crowd was a $40 for 4GB which received little uptake.  Then the plan was improved to 5GB and then finally 6GB.  The 2016 fall promo ran for several months and the success was so resounding that every hamster wheel that Public Mobile deployed to keep the activation portal running smoothly broke.  The moderator team backlog was 2 weeks.  With such a large affected customer base, it stands to reason that extraordinary efforts were necessary to placate to the potential migrants.  Contrast this to the current promotion which has run for a very short period of time, do you expect a major effort to migrate the few or a quick and dirty take it or leave it strategy will suffice?  So now that you the bigger picture, do you feel at all lucky that there would be a repeat?  Yeah, we are probably better off trying to get some winning lottery tickets this weekend.

I doubt any plan in market now will give you those promotion in pass.  

Just choose a plan that works for you now.  Forget those special promotional plans, it changes like weather.

@meocon wrote:

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Telus decides who gets the targeted offers to migrate.  Plans continue to change.  No way to predict anything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@L_, no one knows what promos will come next, especially when they are to move people to Koodo. Those promotions are specific by plan / account.   You should take the $45 plan now if that's what you need.   I wouldn't take a plan in hopes of being offered something else later.  I the offer might never come

Need Help? Let's chat.