cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about pausing an account and rewards

dnadolny
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi Everyone,

If I travel to a country outside of Canada or the US for a prolonged period of time (a few months), am I able to pause my account somehow, or do I need to keep it active? Is there a way to not pay for or have an active account for a few months, but keep any loyalty benefits or rewards once you return/re-activate the account?

As a side note, I'm not sure I fully get the etiquette here. If someone answers my question, do I mark that as a "solution", or is that for a particular type of answer that resolves some sort of problem?  What's the difference between marking something with a Bravo or as a solution?

9 REPLIES 9

danijel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would say to you don't remove autopay to suspend your account, cause you risk of loosing your number if you don't reactivate within 90 days. I would switch my plan to the $15 month plan, that way it stays on and if you leave the device at home on you will see who called you. The big 3 telcos charge $15 a month to suspend your service with them when your on postpaid anyways so. Just make sure you have the funds in your account to cover how many months your gone for at $15 plus tax. 

Marking as solution means that you have personnaly accepted the answer as your solution. Bravo is just a like.

@dnadolny  if you scroll down the community page, you see different sections from "Getting started" to the "Lounge". Choose the one that best suits your question and ask it there. Its also advisable to do a search first to see if it was asked and there is a solution.  As to picking one, where the answer came from different people. Choose the one that helped the most, or that you liked,  and bravo the others.

@dnadolny wrote:

@gblackma Thank you for the explanation! So far I've posted a few questions at the same time, like this one about pausing an account and also about etiquette. Does your post mean it's better if I post things as a separate questions? I don't want to spam the message boards with lots of posts, but it looks like I can pick one "accepted solution", which doesn't work well if I ask multiple questions and different people answer different parts.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dnadolny wrote:

@ddeep91 Great, thank you! So if the account is suspended, I keep my phone number, and it will be reactivated as soon as there are enough funds in the account?

What happens if it's longer than 90 days? Do I lose my phone number and the account?

@dnadolny 

Exactly,  When you have enough funds in your account you can activate it. You can also call  611 from your  PM phone and activate your account.

Once 90 days hit you will lose account/phone number.

If you wanted to get a plan again with PM. You would have to choose a new number, buy a new sim, start fresh with rewards again.

dnadolny

@gblackma Thank you for the explanation! So far I've posted a few questions at the same time, like this one about pausing an account and also about etiquette. Does your post mean it's better if I post things as a separate questions? I don't want to spam the message boards with lots of posts, but it looks like I can pick one "accepted solution", which doesn't work well if I ask multiple questions and different people answer different parts.

@dnadolny wrote:

@ddeep91 Great, thank you! So if the account is suspended, I keep my phone number, and it will be reactivated as soon as there are enough funds in the account?

What happens if it's longer than 90 days? Do I lose my phone number and the account?

@dnadolny 

Over 90 days. Phone number is gone and account is deleted.

You would need to buy a new sim card and create a new account with a different email.

ddeep91

@dnadolny 

When you mark someone's Answer as Solution it basically can mean,

That is the reply that has answered your questions or that answer has solved your problem.

Bravos also means something, Just saying well done to someone by giving them bravos!

Cheers

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dnadolny your acount will expire if suspended after 90 days. You have to reactivate your account before the 90 days are up. You can then leave it for another 90 day period. To see how to reactivate you account use this link here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Is-there-actually-a-reactivat...

As for The ettiqute, you don't have to, but its nice to receive a thank you,  bravo and a solution. The solution should be given to the answer that you think helped you the most. If there are duplicate answers choose the one that you like the best.

@dnadolny wrote:

Hi Everyone,

If I travel to a country outside of Canada or the US for a prolonged period of time (a few months), am I able to pause my account somehow, or do I need to keep it active? Is there a way to not pay for or have an active account for a few months, but keep any loyalty benefits or rewards once you return/re-activate the account?

As a side note, I'm not sure I fully get the etiquette here. If someone answers my question, do I mark that as a "solution", or is that for a particular type of answer that resolves some sort of problem?  What's the difference between marking something with a Bravo or as a solution?

dnadolny

ddeep91

Hey @dnadolny , 

Absolutely, You can pause your services up to  90days  MAX.

In order to pause services Remove auto-pay from your account.

Also, make sure that your account does not have enough funds to make the next payment.

It will automatically put your account on Suspend. Just make sure you activate it back by renewing your plan/paying it payment before 90 days hit.  

Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.