cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about offer from text message

rsrsrs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a message of "

Public Mobile here. We've got a great deal for you. Get 5GB of 3G speed data for only $25/month. Reply "YES" to get this limited time offer added to your account on your next renewal date.
Take advantage of this offer by September 5, 2023.

Reply STOP if you no longer wish to hear about Public Mobile offers."

My question is : is the offer an add on to my current plan or is it a plan including air time and text message?

Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

Tpsh

I got the same offer, in Quebec too. I asked @CS_Agent and they confirmed it is a subscription plan, not a data add-on. So I replied YES, to which I received this message "Thank you for your response. Your plan will be updated by your next renewal date."

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It makes me wonder if there might be some new plan offers coming out around September 6th.

Can you share a screen shot?

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just checked my text. 

My offer was 5GB _@_ 3G speed for $20 (not 25!).  Currently on the 15$ / 100 minute (250MB) plan.  BTW, I'm in Quebec.  Still waiting to see if anyone received actual confirmation that this is a full plan, and not just some recurring data bucket.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This is how it ought to have been written:
Public Mobile here. (hey where's that second period J_PM? Fake news! Phishing! 🙂 )
We've got a great deal for you. Get a plan including 5GB of 3G speed data for only $25/month. Reply "YES" (including the quotes?) to change to this limited time offer on your account on your next renewal date. etc.

So very true. I don't mind wasting my time in asking. In life, I never assume. I ask to confirm. 

For example: When I said congrats to my new co-worker and asked when her due date was.....   🙂

I think I already know the answer but my biggest fear is losing my legacy rewards. Thankfully you guys eased my mind when I dropped down from the $25 to $15 plan and everything worked great. 

@dust2dust Indeed! I'm not wasting my time, but anyone else is welcome to.

@DennyCrane wrote:

For those in doubt, send a private message to @CS_Agent.

And of course we know how they always have all the right answers. 🙂

@Chalupa_Batman  Key word there is month with out it yes . It would send like a one time data add on . But like @computergeek541  mentioned everyone expects talk and text and we don’t say that when we discuss plan with customers we say 30GB for $40 20GB for $39 no mentioning talk or text because we all know it’s included 

@Chalupa_Batman It's the same wording they've used in past. Also common sense would say they'd be creating a PR nightmare if they didn't include phone/text. I agree it's not always clear, but I'm trying to provide some reassurance. For those in doubt, send a private message to @CS_Agent.

Screenshot_20230830-150054.png

Hey @DennyCrane 

I received the same message as the OP.

KennethJAdams_0-1693432519298.png

There really should be a link to learn more. A customer has a right to read information on this and not blindly say yes.

So here are my thoughts. To me, this looks like a data only offer. If it said get the $25 plan w/5GB of data then heck ya. But it doesn't. Wording is everything when it comes to communication and it seems here Public Mobile missed the mark of proper communication. 

May I ask, what you wrote, opinion or information obtained by PM itself?

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Folks!

Yes, of course it includes unlimited calling/texting. This is standard for their targeted text offers to just note the data.

No, it's not available on the website because it's a targeted offer aimed at driving up ARPU for lower spend customers. My guess is the $15 plan customers got targeted with the $25/5GB plan and he $25 plan customers got targeted with the the $35/20GB plan.

No, if you didn't receive the text you can't have the offer unless it becomes publicly available on the website. And I wouldn't bother trying to decrease your plan to try and prompt this offer, because the leads list was likely generated a while back now.  

dlednak

it's definitely confusing!

@will13am wrote:

@rsrsrs , the wording does seem rather cryptic.  It is hard to tell whether $25 buys 5GB of 3G speed data or a 3G speed plan with 5G data.  I think it means the latter.  I am going to seek clarification before acting on it.  

I am dobutful that the plan is a data-only offer.  Custoemrs almost expect talk and text to be included.  A data-only plan wouldn't line up with the direction that Public Mobiel has been taking.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@rsrsrs What plan are you on now? This sounds like a targeted offer to increase your spend. I'm assuming you're on the $15 plan?

@esjliv wrote:

yeah @will13am , this would be interesting to know thanks. It does word like 5GB for $25. Seems like a back to school 'special'. 

There have been other plan offers mentioned in the community.  I cannot imagine anyone buying 20GB 4G data only.  

yeah @will13am , this would be interesting to know thanks. It does word like 5GB for $25. Seems like a back to school 'special'. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

It is a plan that would change on your next renewal date if you said YES to the text. If you did say YES, and didn't want it, log into My Account and cancel the order (if you see it pending).

edit, sorry YES, it includes unlimited Canada air/voice and unlimited texting (as all plans do).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rsrsrs , the wording does seem rather cryptic.  It is hard to tell whether $25 buys 5GB of 3G speed data or a 3G speed plan with 5G data.  I think it means the latter.  I am going to seek clarification before acting on it.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@rsrsrs  It’s a plan offer for you . If your reply YES it will switch to that plan on your next renewal date 

Need Help? Let's chat.