cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about email to text message

w135202
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have been using public mobile email to text message for a long time, this is a amazing function.

But recently, I always got some errors:

w135202_0-1622323898513.png

It seems xxxxxxx@msg.telus.com mailbox is full, but I don't have a way to access this email email account and clean it.

Does anyone know how to delete some messages in my inbox?  Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

w135202

I did more tests and found the email to text message function works when using simple messages.

Actually, I configured it in my gmail account and forward kijiji messages to xxxxx@msg.telus.com. So I can know if my messages are replied in kijiji.  This works well before, but recently failed and shows the error "Recipient inbox full".

Anyone use it like this and if it works now? thanks!

I've never heard of the email to SMS being "full" since there is no "mailbox" -- it simply takes the content of the email and sends it to the mobile as an SMS. I just tested it to mynum@msg.telus.com and it worked, so either it was a temporary issue or they actually have some kind of throttling for users who receive too many... what if you try sending from another address? To another phone?

I wonder if that bounce message you received has any additional header information for the specifics of the bounce? What you screenshotted was a kind of "interpreted" human readable version...

w135202

@esjliv 

I deleted some text messages on my phone, let's wait to see if it's back to normal.

I don't have any voicemail currently.

Thank you!

w135202
@HALIMACSthanks, I removed the link.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@w135202 

If a user here hovers over the msg.telus.com entry link you posted, your phone number shows.

I would recommend going into your original message, clicking the 3 little dots upper right, and "edit" your message to remove the link  "xxxxxxx.msg.telus.com"   you added in the message.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Spudster yes, probably right. I was on the voicemail track.

@w135202 If you delete texts on your device does this give you more space? If the two sources: texts and mailbox are linked?

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esjliv 

I could be mistaken, however I don't believe @w135202 is referring to a voicemail to text service.

I believe they are referring to an e-mail to text service functionality.

@w135202 , it seems that the TELUS network's capacity may be limited and until they clear things up, you may not have full functionality of that service.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@w135202 wrote:

Hi,

I have been using public mobile email to text message for a long time, this is a amazing function.

But recently, I always got some errors:

w135202_0-1622323898513.png

It seems---------mailbox is full, but I don't have a way to access this email email account and clean it.

Does anyone know how to delete some messages in my inbox?  Thanks

@w135202 check here, will this work?

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/voicemail-to-text#deleting_voicemail_to_text

"To delete a Voicemail to Text message, dial into your regular voicemail and delete the original message. Deleting the converted text message, email, or .wav attachment does not delete the original voice mail in your voice mail inbox, and vice versa. Voicemail to Text messages remain on your phone or smartphone, or in your email account, until you delete them."

Need Help? Let's chat.