cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about activation payment and how that works

devonks
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I just purchased a plan in order to receive the SIM card from public mobile and activated it. Also, I choose a plan just to get the phone number. I am planning insert it on my phone and use it mid November for the SIM and new number. I was wondering if my plan has already started when I activated it, even though I would not be using it until mid November?

10 REPLIES 10

That's good to know it's not a flash promo sale. Too late for the OP though, but not for my future activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hairbag1 wrote:

@walker1 wrote:

All due respect, someone please tell me why the OP would have to or want to buy a new sim card, when they already activated one already. Am I missing something obvious?

I thought the promo with 2GBBONUS ended already too.

The contribution from that forum member was mostly incorrect...just ignore that info this time.

@hairbag1 @walker1 

that is a legal site promo 2GB from public mobile and when you see it at website for public mobile is a valid promo, for new customer online only activate, Here link,

devonks

That was helpful, Thank you all. 🙂

@walker1 wrote:

All due respect, someone please tell me why the OP would have to or want to buy a new sim card, when they already activated one already. Am I missing something obvious?

The contribution from that forum member was mostly incorrect...just ignore that info this time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@devonks : So you paid for a 30 day term today. It's active and usable regardless of whether you actually use any of the service or even connect to the network. If you had set up autopay then on or about Nov 3 (2nd?) you'll pay again to renew. When you arrive you would have service.

If no autopay then your service will suspend. You have 90 days from suspension before the account would deactivate. ie drop off the rolls.

So maybe the day before or when you arrive, pay again and you'll have a fresh new 30 day term.

@walker1: It's a mystery.

devonks

Thank you Z10user, ya in the USA what I normally did for prepaid was to order a SIM and activate the card after receiving the sim. So, I guess its little different there in Canada.

My activation contract is until november 3 so if I dont activate until november 15(thats the time I will reach canada tentatively) will my phone number gets cancelled? Just curious

Anonymous
Not applicable

@devonks : It's not about the use...it's about the pre-pay. You've pre-paid....you're active.

Edit: maybe you're thinking of pay as you go. This place is not. It's a revolving 30 day contract.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@devonks 

i suggest you get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store or any gas station near you and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB,just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,,

*for more information about Refer A Friend Reward, How Does It Work visit  Here link,

plus Set up AutoPay and you will receive a $2 credit every 30 days. save money and safe and secure 100%.

visit Here link, for more information about Reward Rules

at public mobile 30 day Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile

with a Beautiful Service 

you will be very happy..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@devonks  Yes, once you gone through the activation process, PM would have charged your credit card and account is live.    

You can login to My Account and it should show your account is Active.   It will show you that your next renewal date as well, which is 30 days from today.  Please note PM is running on a 30 days cycle and the payment date will change after a 31 days month and after February.

Need Help? Let's chat.