cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question About Porting In With USA iPhone 15 Pro With 2 Esims Currently In Use

smolzsmolz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello

I just moved here from the US and I have an unlocked American iPhone 15Pro. I have my USA number which I need for work and I got Freedom when I moved last month. Freedom is not working for my phone at all. So I thought I would try Public. 

Will there be any issues with activating a new line with Public since both Esim trays are currently in use? Before I sign up I want to know if there will be issues. It looks like I should sign up for a new number with Public and then deal with porting in with Freedom number after.

Any help is appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

@smolzsmolz 

PM is prepaid, you can always change plan after the 30 days cycle (you can change earlier but you will loss out money on the current cycle). 

But it's true, like all other providers, some plans are only for new activations only.   

smolzsmolz

One last question. Thanks so much for your help!!! Are we locked into our plans or can we change them if a new deal comes out. 

I missed the $34 dollar canada-usa sale a few weeks ago. 

@smolzsmolz 

since you need your Freedom sim to be active to get the porting authorization text, you need it active until all done. 

So, what you need to do is to temporary disable the US esim (toggle off "Turn on this line") , make sure you are not deleting it

Then subscribe PM using the app.  Once PM esim is installed, make sure Freedom esim is still set as Primary and "Turn on this line" is toggled on.  

When Freedom esim comes, just reply Yes.  Reboot your phone every 30 mins until you notice Freedom esim is not connecting.   At that time, you can disable Freedom esim (toggle off "turn on this line") 

Then set Public Mobile esim to Primary and toggle on "turn on this line".  reboo the phone and click Reset Network settings and test the Public Mobile esim

Once all done, PM esim is working , you can turn back on the US esim and delete the Freedom esim as well

smolzsmolz

I would like to port in my Freedom number because I am not getting service at all due to bands. I use my USA because I have talk and text and need an American number for my work. 

Thanks for your help. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @smolzsmolz 

you can install more than 2 esim on  your iPhone.

Just download the PM app and subscribe using the app

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@smolzsmolz 

on iPhone 15, you can install many esim profiles but only 2 esims can be set to active.  So, if you are coming to PM , you can disable your Freedom esim profile and only enable it when needed.  Or you can do the same thing with your US esim if you don't need it (assuming you don't have roaming on that US esim)

Need Help? Let's chat.