cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on new SIM

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey y'all, back with another question! 

I am porting my number now, tried to go step by step & as I was putting in the SIM number (new SIM), it showed "Invalid SIM" 
Any ideas, on this? I tried to remove all the digits & put it in again, the same stuff : (

Anything on your mind? 

13 REPLIES 13

Shubh2023

Guys, new UPDATE

I'm officially in PM now, my sim just got ported around 1:30pm. I went to the store to change the sim and they did it (took some time). Then, I came home & did the port myself! 

But, here we are! Lets see how it goes

Shubh2023

Exactly + will show them the reply from CS, if they wanna know more! Not much of a difficult task but, it is what it is! 

@Shubh2023  Fingers crossed they don’t give you hard time over it and just replace it .

Shubh2023

I was thinking - well, I got a new SIM, what did just happen lol 
Still, I tried last night x2 
It did not work! So, raised a ticket & got a reply, early in the morning! The store opens at 11am Pacific Time, so, will keep you guys posted

@Shubh2023  That sucks hopefully the will give you a replacement 

Shubh2023

@llit 

I have raised a ticket & they told me - Sim is already with someone & it was deactivated last year, so, I have to go to the store & ask for a new SIM

Shubh2023

It was weird because I got my friend's SIM card from the store as well and his Sim is working just fine, but when I bought it yesterday for myself, it's showing this message!

Shubh2023

The question which I asked that day, that was for my friend who came to public mobile and yesterday I was going to do it for my sim, so both of them are different questions in itself.

I'm bought a new SIM card from a store and when I try doing it, I saw this error message which I have shared previously, today in the morning

So if you want, you can just see and let me know after that! 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Shubh2023 wrote:

Hey y'all, back with another question! 

I am porting my number now, tried to go step by step & as I was putting in the SIM number (new SIM), it showed "Invalid SIM" 
Any ideas, on this? I tried to remove all the digits & put it in again, the same stuff : (

Anything on your mind? 

@Shubh2023 , why are you trying to use a new SIM Card? Did something happen to the new SIM Card that you signed up with on Public Mobile on Thursday?

Are you trying to sign up again with a 2nd account with another new SIM Card to port your phone number to Public Mobile from another provider and not port the number to the 1st account you signed up with on Thursday?

Or are you trying to sign up again using the same SIM Card that you already signed up with on the 1st account Thursday? As per your post Thursday “Port to Public” If so that’s why you receive the message that SIM is already in use! You can not sign up again for a new account with a SIM Card that has been used!

Or are you trying to port your phone number from another provider to the 1st account you signed up with on Thursday with that SIM Card? If so just sign into your My Account to change your phone number to port your phone number to here that way.

Transfer a phone number after activation:

1. Log in to the Public Mobile app  (select + symbol on bottom left) or My Account (click  >  symbol on bottom left)

2. Go to the ‘Profile’ tab
  3. In the Phone Number section click the circular error icon next to “Transfer Phone Number”
  4. Enter the phone number you’d like to transfer to Public Mobile
  5. Fill in the requested information including:
    • The name of your old service provider
    • The account number of your previous provider
    • An alternate phone number you can be reached at in case there are any issues with your transfer
  6. For additional security, your previous service provider will send a text to validate the transfer request. Follow the instructions in the message within 90 minutes by replying YES to approve the number transfer. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. To ensure that you can complete the transfer, make sure that your old SIM is still inside a device (or if you use eSIM, ensure your old eSIM is still activated) so that you can respond to any verification messages. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider and your account with your previous provider will permanently close.

Edit. Fixed typo!

@Shubh2023  strange well . Hymmm that’s a pickle not sure what to suggest other then getting SIM card from  authorized Telus Koodo store to be safe and start over 

adding if you stick that SIM card in your phone does it work ?

Shubh2023

Screenshot_20230923-003700-324.png

It shows what's the exact thing and I bought it from a local store, who repairs phones and SIM cards here in Vancouver!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shubh2023  when trying to enter the sim number can you not use the phones camera to pick it up to ensure it’s entered correctly? Or Maybe confirm with support if these are used SIM cards by any chance . Did you buy them from eBay by any chance or from. Telus Koodo store 

Shubh2023

@CS_Agent 

I bought a new sim on September 21st and right now, I'm trying to put my number from another brand to public mobile and when I'm scanning this SIM card number, it's showing the SIM is already in use

What do you suggest me I should be doing right now? 

Need Help? Let's chat.