cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quebec only plans

Pingu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Could I get some clarification on how they work?

• Data: seems Canada wide?
  • Calling/texting: where can you call from/to? I have international calling add-ons. Would those only work within Quebec?

Thank you.

22 REPLIES 22

Pingu

I asked customer service and this is what I got:

• Data: Canada-wide
  • Calling: Canada-wide, but can only call people with Quebec numbers without add-on
  • Texting: Canada-wide and able to text any number

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That's correct.

@Priority Yup. This one is an anomaly.

Screenshot_20230824-201027.png

 

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Quebec Plans work Canada-Wide but are only available for Activation to Quebec Residents with a QC Postal Code and Payment Method. 

Texting and Calling is the same as our plans excluding their $35 for 20GB which is Quebec Calling Only by the looks of it. 🫡

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

For anyone confused, there is a difference between Canada wide plans only available to Quebec customers, and plans that are designed to work only in Quebec. This thread is about the latter from what I'm interpreting here @softech explained what we know well.

@Michael6666- I agree. I see some customers go to support to get these kinds of answers only to be given a "creative" line. And then come here saying it's the gospel. Yeah, no.

Michael6666
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just be wary of what they answer. 

I was originally told I could only text Québec numbers in that plan. Because of this answer, I decided to take a chance since it made no sense. 

I was even able to text a US number, so I don't trust the agents when it comes to the details of this plan.

I'm not certain it's really clear anywhere for them. 

Pingu

Thank you everyone. When they reply, I'll relay what I find out. This

@Pingu  Yes in your community in box or use this link to it 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Pingu

Sweet!

Does anyone happen to know how/where support tickets get answered? I submitted a ticket, didn't get an email confirmation, and now I forget what the windows said.

Michael6666

Haven't had the opportunity to test outside of Quebec!

I will report back when and if I do test it. 

thanks @Michael6666 for sharing your experience 

Pingu

Seems like calling/texting outside of Quebec works while you're inside Quebec. Does the plan allow you to call/text when you're in the rest of Canada though?

Michael6666

I did the calling test back when I had just gotten the plan.

I called Ontario and it did not use up any of my Canada wide minutes. 

I am now on the 43$ plan as I'm going to the USA this month but will move back to the 35$ plan after. I can test again if anyone still has doubts. 

Pingu

It's the same as any canada wide plan minus needing a Quebec credit card though it's labeled "Quebec only" like handy1 mentioned? I may be moving to Quebec, which is why I'm trying to get this clarified.

@Pingu  So that a Quebec only plan you can only call within Quebec and text for $4 more $39 20GB you can call all across Canada and text internationally 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

It's only one plan. I only remember seeing one person trying this plan from a few weeks ago. He had other Canada minutes so that part was inconclusive. It sounds like it's calling out and texting out and using data to the province of Quebec. I would have to guess that incoming is the same as elsewhere. As for the add-ons, I don't have a guess.
The main endnote detail for that plan is:
+This plan is for Quebec residents only and intended for use in Quebec. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pingu 

Yes, data is Canada-wide data

text, someone tested it and confirm they can text outside of Quebec and it should be free International like other plans

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Quebec-ONLY-35-for-20GB/m-p/1011930/highl...

We don't get a clear confirmation about voice calls, but it should be Quebec only.  If it is Quebec only, you will need Canada-wide calling to call outside of Quebec

But @Michael6666 has this plan, wonder if he can share his experience

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Pingu 

yes, data is always Canada wide

but the rest are not clear.  better to submit ticket with agent and confirm

and you need to be in Quebec with a Quebec credit card to enroll in those Quebec plans

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Pingu

Screenshot_20230824-185825.png

This one here. Could you clarify the from/to for texts/calls?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Pingu 

your plan will work wherever you are in Canada. Data as well. You can call most any number in Canada while you're anywhere in Canada. The International calling is restricted to call only the countries on the LD list.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Pingu  You can call all of Canada . Text anywheres .but there were some Quebec only plans for calling and messaging but there labeled Quebec only plan . most all others are Canada wide . What plan are you considering 

Adding and Quebec plans are tend to be cheaper then in the rest  of the country 

Need Help? Let's chat.