cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing monthly credit vouchers?

Welderchik74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I generally purchase my credit vouchers at Walmart. Just to clarify, I live in Northern ON. Canada, Sault Ste. Marie to be exact.

I’ve attended Circle K stores,  gas stations and they are confused when I ask for public mobile vouchers they say that they offer 2, one is public mobile the other is public mobile Canada. Which then led me back to Walmart. I asked the clerk at Walmart which one I would purchase at the Circle K or a gas station and they had no idea hence me putting this forward on the forum.

Circle K and gas stations do not give refunds if it is the wrong voucher purchased so I just want to be clear and not have to run to Walmart to buy my vouchers as my Visa debit does not work for automated payment.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you kindly

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Welderchik74 

1. This business of no refunds...if you ask for a Public Mobile voucher and they hand over one that says Petro-Canada or something else then that's on them. YOU said Public Mobile. If they say they don't sell Public Mobile vouchers then fine. You could also use the word "minutes". Clerks sometimes think these things are minutes. They're not. But it might help to get going in the right direction.

2. I agree with above...what's wrong with the Visa Debit? If it's with a Canadian or American bank with a Canadian or American address...it should work.

Another option is prepaid "credit" card gift cards. If only to get the free 2 bucks reward for autopay. You can still use vouchers to pay but you get the $2 anyway. I use cards that have been spent out and get the reward anyway.

@Welderchik74  Gas stations usually have to scan a public mobile UPC code from either a double weight paper card (examples in the voucher catalogue) or a thick plastic 2"×3" card on a ring with about 6 to 8 voucher amounts ranging from $10 to $100 and kept behind the counter often below the register or in a drawer. I've called ahead to a shell stationto find out the amounts they have and the clerk was very familiar public mobile vouchers. If you are unsure just ask to see what they are scanning the code from...it should be pretty obvious whether or not it's public mobile or not.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Could the different vouchers be for different denominations?

Maybe the employee is new, try calling another Circle K with a seasoned employee.

Can you go to another store: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/payment-voucher

Not Circle K, but my voucher from Shoppers Drug Mart says Public Mobile.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Welderchik74 

I have not bought a payment voucher before at Circle K, but I would assume both should work if labelled Public mobile.  You could contact moderator to verify with an actual PM employee.  

Another option is to order online voucher from an online vendor, like recharge.com (service fee applies)

Last thing is why does your visa debit not work with autopay?  It should if the visa debit is from a Canadian or US bank.  You could also contact moderator to fix that issue. 

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Welderchik74 , use @darlicious 's voucher catalogue to better compare the types of PM vouchers.

Need Help? Let's chat.