Did you mean: 

Purchased US talk/text but cannot make calls

MariaLi7120
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

6 REPLIES 6

MariaLi7120

Thank you for your explanation.

@MariaLi7120  The Samsung S10+ is not on Public Mobile's VoLTE list (see @DennyCrane  post with a link to the list) so your only option in the USA would be to connect to T-Mobile's 2G network.  You are probably already on 4G/LTE (what does it say at the top of the phone?) but without VoLTE your phone can't use it for voice calls because it needs 3G.  It will work fine in Canada because we still have 3G networks here, but the USA shut down 3G in 2022 and everyone there had to get a new phone by the end of 2022 if their current one was not VoLTE enabled.

MariaLi7120

Thank you for your suggestions. I have an older phone Samsung S10+.  How do I turn it down to 4G/LTE?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@MariaLi7120  What phone do you have?  If it's not VoLTE capable you will need to try and manually connect to T-Mobile's 2G network.  If you do have a VoLTE phone and are on 5G, switch it down to 4G/LTE and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T (if Verizon shows as an option ignore it).  Turn on data roaming.  Let us know if it still doesn't work.  Can you send texts or neither send nor receive?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

If possible, put your phone to 4G/LTE and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T.   

If calls still don't work, put your phone to 2G and connect to T-Mobile. From the settings menu, turn on data roaming.

Remove 5G auto if on set to manual.  Restart  phone. 

I hope this will be helpful. 

Need Help? Let's chat.