cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased US Roaming unlimited text Add on and it's not working

Eadunn76
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please help my husband is travelling and had to go through the states. I purchased him the US Roaming unlimited text add on for his line and it's not working.

He still can't text 

32 REPLIES 32

Eadunn76

This post is irrelevant now he is back in Canada and has been for 4 days 

@pmmobile 

I don't have enough experience with travelling in the US with PM to add anything useful to the conversation. Also I spend time at our cabin in WA state that is only 1000' south of the border thus most often I remain connected to the TELUS network.

AE_Collector

@pmmobile wrote:

@AE_Collector 

"I find when travelling in the US without a roaming package I generally continue to receive text messages, I just can't reply. So, he may get your texted instructions." AE_Collector

I assume that PM asslows travel to the US while keeping our phones on, w/o a roaming package or any additional fees, since it is prepaid? Just wondering, has there been a time that you noticed while in the US that you did not receive texts w/o a roaming package? Thanks  

@pmmobile   Officially you would require a US roaming text add-on in order to receive and send texts whilst in the US.  However, 'unofficially' you will be able to receive incoming texts without buying the roaming add-on, and some users have reported being able to receive incoming calls also without purchasing the roaming talk.  But you will not be able to either text or call out when in the US, unless you have bought the appropriate US roaming package.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector 

"I find when travelling in the US without a roaming package I generally continue to receive text messages, I just can't reply. So, he may get your texted instructions." AE_Collector

I assume that PM asslows travel to the US while keeping our phones on, w/o a roaming package or any additional fees, since it is prepaid? Just wondering, has there been a time that you noticed while in the US that you did not receive texts w/o a roaming package? Thanks  

Eadunn76

I did waiting for a response

@Eadunn76  I would consider messaging a moderator andcasking for a credit for the texting portion off the add on.

Eadunn76

Thanks everyone 

The texting never worked at all until he was closer to the Canadian border. Waste of money but the calling worked right away

hss
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That is a tricky one. Send him an email 😶

@Eadunn76 wrote:

Now what if I can't get ahold of him 

Eadunn76

It was the turning on the SMS in settings of the Iphone under messages. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eadunn76 wrote:

It seems to be working now! 

Thanks for all the help everyone 

Did any particular action resolve it or did it just start working on its own?

Eadunn76

It seems to be working now! 

Thanks for all the help everyone 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Eadunn76 wrote:

Finger's crossed 

Maybe you could uncross them for a moment and post a screen snip of the data & add-ons area. Blank out personal info of course.

For me texting with iPhone gets so confusing! My iPhone quit so I moved my sim back to an android and texting in two words "went nuts". Some got my messages som didn't. I finally had to remove my iPhone from my Apple device list and that seemed to fix it. When your phone normally has data, who knows how outgoing messages are being sent. Once data is gone the messages can be gone too.

AE_Collector

Eadunn76

Finger's crossed 

The little bit I know about it, I would think he would get that. Hope it works itself out.

AE_Collector

Eadunn76

I don't know if he got mine yet 

Eadunn76

Yes both iPhones his aren't sending but mine just sent him a green bubble ( sms text ) imessage is blue 

And he is testing by texting your phone? It is an iPhone too?

Trying to recall, if his outgoing texts are green it is SMS and if Blue it is iMessage? iPhone experts? Can never figure that when the iPhone bubble is green thus I would have had gone with iMessage data messages in green but hey, what do I know!

AE_Collector

Eadunn76

No luck with just the SMS turned on though 😞 

Eadunn76

He did turn on SMS next time he calls I will tell him to turn off imessage

@Eadunn76 

Need to turn on SMS messages.

Even turn off imessage.  

Eadunn76

It is an iPhone but he may have to enable Sms messages! I'll keep you posted for future people 

Eadunn76

He turned on roaming and restarted his phone and the text isn't working receiving or sending

Hmmm, interesting. Half way there.

SMS (plain texts) uses the voice band where as MMS needs data. Sometimes iPhones iMessaging gets confusing and could be set to use data which he doesn't have until he gets to Wi-Fi. Is his phone an iPhone? I quickly get lost at this point.

AE_Collector

Eadunn76

Okay so now talk works and text doesn't but I paid for both separately. Hopefully it start working soon 

Eadunn76

Okay I have texted to turn his phone off and on and to enable roaming fingers crossed

I find when travelling in the US without a roaming package I generally continue to receive text messages, I just can't reply. So, he may get your texted instructions.

AE_Collector

Eadunn76

Yes I did the 2 step it's showing that it has been added on. But he said he would text me in 5 mins after I added it as they had to get back on the road and he hasn't. And when I try and text him there is no respose

@Eadunn76 wrote:

So when you send a text message to him he's not responding back?

Also another question when you purchased the roaming texting add-on, you did do the two step process of first adding the funds and then going back to the add-on page and buy it?  If you still see funds in the account, then you should go back and purchase the add on.  He would still need to enable roaming to use that add-on.

Eadunn76

Need Help? Let's chat.