cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased US Roaming Talk Text and Data

oscar_jr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Purchased US Roaming Talk Text and Data but it's not showing up as an add-on. I checked the payment history and it shows I added funds and activated the add-on. Need help please!

43 REPLIES 43

oscar_jr

Thanks for the tip!! A dual SIM phone would definitely be ideal!

@oscar_jr 

Maybe if you are in the US for long periods of time you should consider mint mobile($15/3gb) to supplement a $15 pm plan. With using call forwarding options to a voip number like fongo or textnow etc.... just food for thought.

Edit:

With a dual SIM phone would be ideal.

oscar_jr

Haha yes you're right when you put it that way. Technically I could have saved $20 each time requesting they renew it early. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oscar_jr wrote:

Thanks for that gold nugget! I didn't know I could go to the CSA's for that. 

@oscar_jr : lol So you've accidentally been "experimenting" when you could have asked for them to renew right at expiry or even earlier if you run out of the data. But again in the case of data you can buy a different bucket and wait out the other 10 days. Don't double up talk or text.

@oscar_jr 

• 10 days (or 240 hours) after you purchase a U.S. Roaming Add-On, it will automatically expire. For example, if you purchase the Add-on on January 1st at 12:00 PM, it will automatically expire on January 11th at 11:59 AM.

oscar_jr

Thanks for that gold nugget! I didn't know I could go to the CSA's for that. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oscar_jr : Nice to see another experimental type around 🙂 It sounds like you have nailed it down. The whole 24 hours after would seem to be the one. Which is why people go to the CSA's to renew before that.

oscar_jr

I've waited around at midnight to see if it would let me but no dice. Kept working and checked again at 2am and nothing. I wonder if it's related to the time you purchased it vs a set time each day for the refresh?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meow : You'll notice in the purchase add-ons screen posted by oscar_jr that the 1gb and the bundle with data are not shown. That indicates that they're "active". When purchasing, you can only click the + once for roaming. There is no queuing up of them.

But the expiry is a bit of a bug. Which is why I'm interested in some more facts from oscar_jr. Hopefully he'll play along.

Thank you @Anonymous for clarification. It is good to know 'rules' for roaming add-ons.

And as for PM's bugs or glitches this is funny one. when I start to type your ID - @z10... expecting to see full one yours being unique, I get 5 different IDs which have nothing to do with you. Only after continuing with 'u' I get you...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oscar_jr : Your pic of the purchase screen did not show the talk/text/data bundle. Just the talk/text. But we have known that the CSA's can re-buy the add-on for you after expiry without the delay. They can even re-buy before expiry in the case of data. You can buy the different buckets of data in those 10 days.

We'd just like to know what the actual delay is. Midnight or the real 24 hours after.

@oscar_jr wrote:

I was also trying to figure out the exact time it refreshed! LOL Thought I'd be the only one LOL

Today is the 10th day from the Oct 2nd purchase. I didn't expect to be able to purchase the Talk/Text/Data pack until tomorrow. It was a pleasant surprise to see it available for repurchase this morning.

Prior to today's experience I've always had to wait until the 11th day (one day after the pack expires) before it shows up as an item I can purchase in the add-on section. While the pack is active you don't have the option to buy the Talk/Text/Data plan (unless you purchase a different pack).Would be nice to have it "greyed out" instead of just not there.

Would also be great to buy the packs in increments greater than 10 days or have an auto renew feature. You know, something to ensure continuous coverage.

@oscar_jr    Good to know the roaming add-ons are available immediately after 10 days expiry.   Yes being able to have an auto renew feature is a great idea, however, unlikely to be implemented, at least anytime soon!

oscar_jr

I was also trying to figure out the exact time it refreshed! LOL Thought I'd be the only one LOL

Today is the 10th day from the Oct 2nd purchase. I didn't expect to be able to purchase the Talk/Text/Data pack until tomorrow. It was a pleasant surprise to see it available for repurchase this morning.

Prior to today's experience I've always had to wait until the 11th day (one day after the pack expires) before it shows up as an item I can purchase in the add-on section. While the pack is active you don't have the option to buy the Talk/Text/Data plan (unless you purchase a different pack).Would be nice to have it "greyed out" instead of just not there.

Would also be great to buy the packs in increments greater than 10 days or have an auto renew feature. You know, something to ensure continuous coverage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oscar_jr : Thanks. So that re-purchase on the 17th does take us to the next day. What we're trying to nail down is what specific time frame the re-buy is available. So it's apparently 10 - 24 hour periods from the time of purchase. So is the delay after midnight ET? Or really another whole 24 hours from the time of purchase?

Next time 🙂

oscar_jr

Back this Wednesday so this is the last time this month I'll need to do it. Here's the history:

oscar_jr_0-1634061587352.png

oscar_jr_1-1634061608564.png

oscar_jr_2-1634061630785.png

Hope that helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oscar_jr : Snappy response from the CSA's. Are you intending to be in the states for at least another 10 days? There's some timing the regulars here would like to nail down if you're willing.

@oscar_jr   thanks for coming back  with the update and glad it is a quick turnaround.

oscar_jr

Hi Mayor! More than happy to provide additional details. You're correct in that the separate packs expire separately. For long trips I do the Talk/Text/Data plan first. Then a day or two into the trip I'll purchase the 1Gig Data plan (separate add-on). Once the Talk/Text/Data plan expires I can still use my phone to repurchase it (just in case I don't have access to wifi) because the 1Gig Data plan add-on expires a few days later. Depending on the length of the trip, I repurchase the 1Gig Data plan after it expires...etc.

oscar_jr

I submitted a ticket and one of the awesome CS people handled it. They had to remove and re-add the pack from their side. Everything is working now. They responded quickly and handled it. Thanks everyone for helping me with this today both here in the Community and the CS team! 😃

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : You'll notice in the purchase add-ons screen posted by oscar_jr that the 1gb and the bundle with data are not shown. That indicates that they're "active". When purchasing, you can only click the + once for roaming. There is no queuing up of them.

But the expiry is a bit of a bug. Which is why I'm interested in some more facts from oscar_jr. Hopefully he'll play along.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

@Meow 

• If you want to purchase two of the same U.S. Roaming Add-Ons, you will have to wait for the first 10-day period to expire before buying the second, or you can contact a Customer Support Agent .
  • If you purchase 2 different U.S. Roaming Add-Ons, they will expire separately. For example:
    • You purchase a U.S Roaming Talk, Text, Data Add-On on Day 1 of your plan. It will expire on Day 10.
    • On Day 6 of your plan, you purchase a 1 GB U.S. Roaming Data Add-On. It will expire on Day 15.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@0PX9O4 wrote:

@oscar_jrI think the "staggering" of the roaming packs as you've described, is possibly

I would be very careful with US add-ons. As per my knowledge (gathered in this forum) US add-on starts the moment you purchase it.

It will be nice to know what actually happens if you purchase two of them at the same time? Will second one 'wait' 10 days and then become automatically active or something else will happen.

But $20 for 1GB... wow! You really have to be desperate or those $20 will earn you $500 for whatever you use them.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oscar_jr : I agree with the above. I didn't twig on that. I was more focused on why you might not be seeing the talk and text.

Could you go back in your Transaction history and see what actual day you bought the bundle?

Are you able to call or text out at the moment?

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@oscar_jrI think the "staggering" of the roaming packs as you've described, is possibly the exact reason only one of them is showing currently. Once the current one expires, your second one will be activated?

This is just my own theory and I have no experience with this particular topic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oscar_jr : Thanks again for the overview page. I think we're still trying to get to the bottom of the talk and text. See under My Plan. Then your plan name. I'd like to see the page after clicking Plan details link under your plan name.

oscar_jr

Thanks 😃

oscar_jr_0-1634059442274.png

To clarify I've had the $20 Data plan on at the same time as the $20 Talk/Text/Data pack. The reason for this is for trips in the US longer than 10 days, you can't renew or rebuy the $20 Talk/Text/Data until a day after it expires. To ensure we don't get stranded without data (we uber everywhere) I stagger the purchase of the packs.

Screenshot shows only US data?

OP mentioned purchasing data AND text & talk.

It is 3 separate add-ons.

Maybe screenshot of transactions will help to figure out what is going on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oscar_jr : Can you click on Plan details and maybe even post that screenshot. You're doing great with all these pics. 1000 words and all that.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm not sure if you can have 2 data roaming plans active at the same time (one that includes talk and text, and the other that doesn't). This may be a question for one of PM's agents.

oscar_jr

I checked and it didn't show up. I had to alternate buying the 1GB data plan and the talk/text/data pack because you can't pre-purchase renewals. So if you're on a trip to the US for more than 10 days you end up with a gap if you only rely on the talk/text/data plan.

oscar_jr_0-1634058651484.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oscar_jr : Edit: correction It would appear you only bought the data. The 1GB data roaming is only available stand-alone. Go back to the overview page and click on Plan details. You should also see the 250MB under My Data & Add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.