cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased Phone Plane But No ESIM QR Code For Activation

sleepy_bunny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I just purchased a Public Mobile phone plan but was unable to activate it because it ask me to download and use an app. My phone does not natively support ESIM but I have a compatible ESIM adapter. It is not letting me go past stage 3 on the Public Mobile website and won't let me control my public mobile services in the account section. The website needs to allow me to skip Step 3 so I can manage my account and my subscriptions. Right now, I need the QR code so I can put it in the ESIM Adapter or I need full refund because I can not cancel it manually using the website, it only lets me get to the Step 3 stage and won't let me go further in to my account. If I am to keep the phone plan, I need the actual QR code and ESIM details so I can input in to ESIM adapter (from esim.me ) and be able to skip the step 3, can not use the public mobile app for this must provide the actual ESIM details and QR code. Thank you!
11 REPLIES 11

HI @sleepy_bunny 

so, you have an esim adapter and not really an esim? it could be the reason then

sleepy_bunny

I already used the app it doesn't work. "I can not get in to the app because the phone is not compatible and it does not recognize I have compatible esim adapter so can not go in to the app at all. I have not seen a QR code for ESIM in my email."

HI @sleepy_bunny 

yes, then just leave it with agent, they will be able to activate the account for you.  But there is still a chance you will need to get a physical sim in the end

sleepy_bunny

So can not reach stage 6 to receive the ESIM code. I was thinking the esim qr would be made directly available right after purchase but it seems it's not possible to receive because need to use the app and app is not useable, it can not see I have esim adapter so it just says incompatible phone and won't let me proceed to more steps.

sleepy_bunny

Not possible because the app does not let me continue in the steps it sees incompatible phone but I intend to use with ESIM adapter so can not make it past incompatible phone in the app or step 3 on the website. 

@sleepy_bunny wrote:

No QR code in email, I have sent message the CS_Agents.

HI @sleepy_bunny 

if you didn't get to Step 6 on the app yet, you won't get the QR code as the activation was not even completed, but yes, you need agent's help.

sleepy_bunny

No QR code in email, I have sent message the CS_Agents.

HI @sleepy_bunny 

you don't need the esim yet to download the app.  Just go to Google or iOS app store to download

if you cannot download the app, then maybe you have yoru app store tied with another country.  You will then need to use a friend phone to complete the activation

So, after payment step, you NEED the app to complete it

if you downloaded the app and just cannot login, then you need CS agent, please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sleepy_bunny

I can not get in to the app because the phone is not compatible and it does not recognize I have compatible esim adapter so can not go in to the app at all. I have not seen a QR code for ESIM in my email.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sleepy_bunny you mentioned about the website, did you use the PM app to activate?

if you have been using only the web and haven't use the app yet, then you don't need to open support ticket, cos the subscription was not completed.  Please download Public Mobile app from app store and login and complete the subscription.  Once you reached step 6, you will see the QR code and PM will also send you the QR code via email

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@sleepy_bunny  Check your welcome email from public mobile for the QR code . If still no luck please submit ticket with support to help 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.