cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased Add-on data but not working

iliri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased add on data and it shows under the add on tab on my account but I don't have internet on my phone. I did the reboot after the purchase but still isn't working. 

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

@t_p  yeah.. it's a 2 steps process.. not friendly at all.. probably something PM should look into improving

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iliri 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know what the issue and that you were able to get it fixed!  It really helps us learn a bit more too.  Have fun with your data!  🙂

t_p
Mayor / Maire

Basically, I had only purchased 15$ as funds but not the actual data add on. Thank you for your help.

Your feedback is really appreciated by those who tried to help as well as for future troubleshooting.

iliri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Basically, I had only purchased 15$ as funds but not the actual data add on. Thank you for your help.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@iliri 

Log out of your account and reboot both your device and phone ( if different). Check that pm is showing on your phone. Reset your data warning and limiter if they were enabled. If you still cannot get the add on to work go thru these trouble shooting tips....test after each tip.

1. Reboot phone.✔
  2. Toggle airplane mode on/off.
  3. Remove SIM card for at least 10 min. Check for dirt or debris in the SIM slot and tray. Examine the SIM card for dirt or debris and gently clean with a cotton swab and alcohol. Return to tray/slot and ensure it fits snugly or use a little tape or paper shim to secure it.
  4. Perform a network reset.
  5. Add at least a $1 payment 
  6. Log in to your self serve account.Go to the plans or usage page. Click on lost/stolen. Suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Log out and Reboot.**
  7. Contact customer support via Simple--Simon or private message.

**Caution : Using lost/stolen w/active service even briefly will cause rewards to not apply upon renewal. You must contact the CSA's after renewal and ask for them to be applied manually. 

@hairbag1 wrote:

@iliri...make certain to enable "Data" on your phone.

Reboot phone.

Try toggling "Airplane" mode.

Anything ?

edit...make sure you got the correct data add-on. The data add-on for use in US won't work whilst your in Canada.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@iliri...make certain to enable "Data" on your phone.

Reboot phone.

Try toggling "Airplane" mode.

Anything ?

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iliri 

Yikes... good to know that you're troubleshooting here.  🙂  To clarify, when you log into My Account, do you see it on the main page under "My Data & Add-Ons"?  If so, can you double check the APN settings?  They should be...

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

If you don't see it under the main page of My Account - you may not have actually purchased the Add-On yet!  Purchasing Add-Ons is a bit confusing at first as a 2-step process:

1. Balance: Top-up your account with the required $ for the Add-On...  (eg. with a voucher or one-time credit card top-up)
  2. Add-On: Only after you have sufficient Balance in your account, can you purchase the Add-On

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iliri 

how to Purchase Add-Ons Through Self Serve

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.