Slayter
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I would like to know my puck number

2 REPLIES 2

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Slayter wrote:

Hi @Slayter so, why do you need a puk code?  

A Personal Unlocking Key, or PUK code, allows you to reset your SIM card’s PIN number, after you’ve entered an incorrect PIN three times.  PUK is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorized use of a SIM card.  So, may we ask why you need your PUK code?

If you got locked out of your account, 

Try the Forgot Your Password on self-serve login page.

RosieR_0-1605401797383.png

You will need the email you use as username, security question answer, and then confirmation of your email (PM will send you an email to confirm that that is your email).

OR

Contact a moderator to fix it for you.  

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page, type “SIM CARD PUK" >> "Contact us" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

Stay safe and Happy New Year

RosieR

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Slayter wrote:

Below is a post from another thread from the Oracle Luddite:

The following should help to delineate the various PIN messages that can occur:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK." is asking for the phone’s (often Samsung) “master code" after entering the wrong code too many times. As noted by @Triguy Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN" is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

“PIN unlock key (PUK)” is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card. 

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.

• Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

• Only Public Mobile's moderators can give you this type of code, which the device manufacturer cannot. Public Mobile's moderators can be contacted by submitting a ticket at: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

• Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

Need Help? Let's chat.