JDBlue1966
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you!

JDBlue1966
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Since the solution is already here, I will just say this.

Public Mobile friends don't let Public Mobile friends switch from Legacy Rewards to the new point system. 🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JDBlue1966 

A quick answer to your question, don't look, don't think and just stay on the legacy rewards system  

Quick advise for anyone who consider changing:  If you are gone, you are gone.  That is a point of NO RETURN!!

in summary  

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less UNLESS you have the $40 plan or above
    (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will be gone. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.
    1st to 12th month:     Legacy system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    13th to 24th month:  Legacy system will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    25th to 36th month:  Legacy will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
     61st and beyond: Legacy will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year on the anniversary day under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,
           - 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well
           - add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
           - you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 

(I hope people would excuse if there is any typos, afterall, its the content that matters!!)

@JDBlue1966 wrote:

Is Public points better than rewards savings? I currently save $6 per month

No, thejpoints are worse is almost every situation.  The 5% points back isn't going to make up for the loss in autopay and reduction in loyalty rewards (even on the most expensive plans). Also, there's a minimum redemption of 15 ponts.  If you're on the old rewards system, don't make the change.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @JDBlue1966 

no , stay on Legacy rewards.  You get less with Public points

Need Help? Let's chat.