cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile customers to be moved to lucky mobile

spetz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went to get a SIM card from the place I always get a SIM card from and they told me that they do not sell public Mobile SIM cards anymore and customers are going to be moved to Lucky mobile is this true?

15 REPLIES 15

hi @Alally saving wise, PM is better.  But be aware that PM's support is all online, you cam also come to seek help from Community here.  

Alally
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm planning to leave Lucky mobile because savings aren't as great as claimed. The only good thing is the $20 dollar store coupon 

hi @Glally  Lucky is worse for roaming, Lucky has no roaming at all, PM has US roaming.  But Lucky has award winning app which PM lacks

Glally

If course I here the argument that as far as Data goes Lucky is better, which I also disagree for 2 reasons, 1 data is will throttle down to 128 kb after limit of full speed, and 2 there is more data on some plans compared to Lucky such as the $40 and $45 plans.

Glally

In some cases tell you Lucky is better, which I disagree because Public mobile is better when it comes to saving money. 

hi @Glally the rep just want to earn some Lucky commission.  🙂

Glally

I had a rep tell me that Lucky and Public mobile are the same, which is not true of course.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @spetz  There is no acquisition for PM from Bell.   PM still owned by Telus this time

So, we can tell how knowledgeable that sales guy is.  If you ever need to activate other provider, do not go there

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The rep is an idiot. Public is owned by Telus and Lucky is owned by Bell. If anything were to ever happen, Public customers would be absorbed into Koodo(owned by Telus) or Telus. 

It’s sad to hear people lie so often and so easily. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Lucky mobile is a bell brand, public mobile Telus. 

@spetz there is no talk about public shutting down but if they ever did they would move us to Koodo I imagine not to a company owned by bell 

spetz

I ended up purchasing them online 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@spetz 

Public Mobile SIM cards are no longer available at retail locations. They can be only be purchased at corporate Koodo and telus stores, online from public mobile (currently on sale for $5 each) and Amazon if they're still in stock.

If you are planning on purchasing from a corporate Koodo or telus a store be sure to call ahead to see if they have public mobiles and cards in stock and for sale at the MSRP of $10+tax.

Lucky mobile is owned by Bell so the store rep was misinformed as there's no reason a public mobile customers would be moved to the competition.

spetz

Ok.  he wouldnt even sell me a sim card cuz they had none for this reason. Public mobile will.slowly be moving costumers over. Thats pretty bad if they dont even know whats up

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@spetz lol no, just another rep that has no idea what he is talking about, if you need a sim the fastest way is to go to a telus or koodo store  😀

Need Help? Let's chat.