cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile customer service "mods" response time?

murdomeek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I went to walmart on Sept. 1 to port my number over for the $40/4.5gb plan

The guy says it can take 2 hrs - 2 hrs for the port to complete

Today (2 days later), my phone has data works, outgoing calls work

But incomming calls do NOT work.

And SOME incomming and outgoing texts work.

I went back to the store to get help and the rep said that this was a porting issue and he cannot help me.  And since Public Mobile has not phone support, I need to make an account here on the forums and message the moderators.

Please help me fix this issue. 

Thank you

The above message was sent to "Moderator_Team" two days ago and Public mobile replied only once asking for my "pin/password".  Which I provided within 10 minutes of the message being recieved.  Nothing else has been done.

I understand that they are "saving money" by not having a call center.

But getting 1 response in 48 hours is completely unacceptable!

I almost got fired because I wasn't getting any of my boss's texts.

I am asking the community general how long it normally takes a mod to reply and fix issues?

They should at least let mall reps re-port the number. 

This has left an extremely sour experience with Public Mobile and I plan to jump ship as soon as something better is offered by someone else 

5 REPLIES 5

TanaBanana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I totally understand this situation! I'm here to rant and I don't have any solutions! (Sorry 😉

I've been waiting 48hrs .. resent a PM to Moderate next day .. then realized I need to wait another 24+hrs because I got pushed back to the end of the queue.

A few months ago I was getting answered right away .. now I still haven't got any responses as of yet 😔 

I hope they can fix this lag in the future 🤞

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 Yeah i missed a bunch of days' topic log and didn't notice the clarification. Since it had become a common misconception along topic repliers, a clarification should be in somewhere more visible.

@austinhuang wrote:
  • Mall reps cannot re-port the number.
  • I sent a message on Sept. 1 afternoon (Do note that it's a Saturday and they have different working hours on weekends, also it is a coverage issue, not account-specific) and I got my first response 1 hour before the 48 hour limit.
  • Check if your original account still exists at your old carrier. If it is, contact your old carrier to see what extra info you need.
  • Do not send another message. Extra messages put you further back in the queue (You start from the beginning again).
  • "But getting 1 response in 48 hours is completely unacceptable!" Yeah, that's what you get for cheap prices.

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

The statement i made larger above is incorrect as stated by Mary in this post

@Mary_M wrote:

Hey @pm-smayer97,

I had sent a reply to your other thread but I figured that I'd comment on this one as well. 

"I wanted to clarify something in regards to what my colleague had stated that to the tools we use. Sending multiple requests does not bump you or make you lose priority - if you send me an initial message on Tuesday 2pm, and then send me another one Wednesday 3pm, it will not lose Tuesday's priority. That being said, it does cause backlog - as we need to filter through each and every single message. This also applies to commenting/creating multiple threads - it will create more messages which then becomes more time consuming to look into 1 case as they will not appear on the same thread on our end (it will create multiple threads)"

Thank you,

Mary

@murdomeek, if this port was done in store i would bet they missed some piece of information for the port and that is why it hung up.  You can put in your old SIM as it is probably still working.  I stand by my statement where if your pay cheque depends on service i wouldn't recommend PM.  If you almost got fired because you are missing texts took your boss they should provide our party for your cell service it it is dependent on your job.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
  • Mall reps cannot re-port the number.
  • I sent a message on Sept. 1 afternoon (Do note that it's a Saturday and they have different working hours on weekends, also it is a coverage issue, not account-specific) and I got my first response 1 hour before the 48 hour limit.
  • Check if your original account still exists at your old carrier. If it is, contact your old carrier to see what extra info you need.
  • Avoid sending another message.
  • "But getting 1 response in 48 hours is completely unacceptable!" Yeah, that's what you get for cheap prices.

If this solves your question, please select my reply as Solution!

(edit: correction)

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@murdomeek

The offical moderator response time is 48 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.