cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public mobile continues to be pathetic

chrest3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I had to create a ticket with a CS agent to resolve a problem.

I log in with my email address and password, then Public mobile sends a code to my phone by SMS, and I have to type in that code to complete the login process. Then I can create the ticket.

The CS agent responds to the ticket and asks me what is my phone number?

But public mobile already has my phone number, it is on the account, and public mobile already confirmed that by sending an SMS code to my phone, which I provided. So I am fully authenticated.

And yet, public mobile clearly doesn't trust their own authentication systems.

Just pathetic.

4 REPLIES 4

chrest3

@Chalupa_Batman wrote:

So....   just so I understand, you're upset because the customer service agents at Public Mobile are being diligent in protecting your account by asking you questions? Interesting. 

I am not upset because public mobile is authenticating me before acting on my problem (authenticating your customers is the norm and best practice).

I am upset because public mobile staff are repeating the authentication process when I have already gone through the authentication process with public mobile's automated system.

So....   just so I understand, you're upset because the customer service agents at Public Mobile are being diligent in protecting your account by asking you questions? Interesting. 

chrest3

@Handy1 wrote:

Yes the new ever safe iD had been learning curve for us all . But once’s full access is confirmed it’s pretty smooth from there

It is not a question of learning, I'm sure everyone has seen websites where you log in with an email address and password, and then the website sends you a code by SMS to complete the log in process. My bank has been doing that for a few years now.

My point is that even after being "fully authenticated" (or "full access" as @Handy1 calls it), you aren't actually "fully authenticated" and the public mobile staff will again ask you to provide authentication info.

Which means that public mobile staff don't actually trust the authentication process. There are two possibilities:

1. I happen to be dealing with a public mobile staff person who isn't following the authentication procedures set by corporate.

2. The procedures set by corporate tell public mobile staff not to trust the authentication procedures.

I suspect #2.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@chrest3  Yes the new ever safe iD had been learning curve for us all . But once’s full access is confirmed it’s pretty smooth from there . But you can submit ticket from here also like this 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.