cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public didn't send a port request

lukereimer1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I switched a few days ago to Public from Roger's. I haven't received any contact from Roger's to authorize a port transfer so I can keep my old number. So I was hoping someone could help me get in touch with Public so they can send a port request. Cause the self serve doesn't work either.

8 REPLIES 8

@ranee23 

A critical part to porting is to receive a text from your old provider and you have to reply YES within 90 mins.  If you are not receiving calls and text on your PM sim card, and only outgoing calls, wok  then you might have missed the step and hence porting was not completed

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

ranee23

I change my carrier to public mobile since the 11th cannot receive call but the port transfer didn’t go through how do I get customer support to request another port transfer 

HI @ibragg   You have to call Bell and they will arrange the transfer text again

ibragg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What do I do if I accidently deleted the transfer text. I have active number with Bell that I want to port to.

lukereimer1

Well it wasn't working before, but now I got my number ported over thanks to the number dabr gave me. So it is fixed now 😅

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@lukereimer1 

In your last sentence you said self serve doesn't work?

Do you mean going through the Change Number option to port your number over; or do you mean you cannot access your self serve account?

lukereimer1

Thank you so much 🙂   your the best!!!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@lukereimer1   Your account with Rogers needs to be active in order for the number transfer to complete.  You also need to keep the Rogers SIM in your phone to respond to the transfer text with a YES. 

If your account is still active, then phone the Telus porting number which I'll send via private message (check your message box top right)

Need Help? Let's chat.