cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Ports.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Okay, so I have two numbers with Bell which I want to change. I have two really good numbers on alternative Public Mobile Accounts that I want to bring into the Bell account to the two lines I have with them. 

After that i want to port those numbers back to Public Mobile with new Accounts for my sisters.. however Bell wants $50 per line to change the numbers.. kinda ridiculous. 

My question here is how do I go about bringing a number from a currently Active Public Mobile account over to another currently Active Account?

26 REPLIES 26

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Priority  great choice to go to Lucky.  Problem is Lucky is prepaid , so doing so, you loss full month of $.  If you go to those prepaid, they can only charge you by days

@hTideGnow , right! I would have at least used 3 weeks of the Lucky Mobile service instead of wasting all that money! Then the new PM accounts would have had time to process correctly without issues & port phone #’s back to PM successfully with still a week left to Lucky Mobile of any issues arise which do quite often now but with Priority being in a rush to get them done plus pretty much an expert at it now I guess all will be fine 😃.
Me however, I make mistakes & I have little trust in PM to go smoothly plus I squeeze the penny until it screams! Every cent matters to me. Reason I am still here with the lowest prices for whats offered!

@Priority wrote:

I'm going to bring them to Lucky Pre-Paid today, if I do it at The Source I can pay cash instead of registering a credit card with Lucky Mobile.

I'll pay for one month, and port them out from Lucky, you are correct I could make my sisters account at any point with new numbers anticipating the Port in from Lucky. 

@Priority , Did The Source charge an activation fee or did they waive it?

I didn’t have to register a payment card for Lucky Mobile. I just added funds from my card. I didn’t realize that changed!

Well that's a bit of a pickle. This stupid external id system. Did you use new email addresses for your sisters? I don't suppose you can log in with the prior email address in either the account or community? There's a remove option (adding - for the phone number) in there for the manage eversafe id. I don't know what it would do. Not sure I want to experiment with it. But in your case maybe it doesn't matter.

Priority

For me it's a win, it would have costed me $120+Tax to do what I successfully did for under $35 today.. even if I don't get a refund for my Unused days, it's better than paying extra and being bent over by Bell for no reason. 

HI @Priority  great choice to go to Lucky.  Problem is Lucky is prepaid , so doing so, you loss full month of $.  If you go to those prepaid, they can only charge you by days

@Priority 

someone tried the same thing before within the same day and didn't work right a way and need support to help

try again tomorrow morning, if still does not work, message support and see if they can release the "lock" manually

Priority

Update: I ported both the lines I wanted from Public to Lucky today, and now back to Public. 

I set up the new Public Accounts with new Numbers as always, after that I update the number on eversafe ID, and transfer it in. 

However when updating on eversafe ID, it says the numbers are already in use on another account(but the other account is closed.). 

How long will it take for Publics system to recognize that these numbers aren't on an EverSafe ID anymore, and let me use them for verification codes on the new accounts again? Should I contact CSA?

Otherwise no issues, email code is working after first sign in which worked as I made the account with a New Number. 

Priority

I'm going to bring them to Lucky Pre-Paid today, if I do it at The Source I can pay cash instead of registering a credit card with Lucky Mobile.

I'll pay for one month, and port them out from Lucky, you are correct I could make my sisters account at any point with new numbers anticipating the Port in from Lucky. 

Priority

Yes, I am very well aware of that. 

Thankfully the two numbers I want to Port out from Public Mobile don't have any rewards, or referrals, and they are both on the Point System.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Priority - another option if you want your sisters to have an account sooner rather than later, and give you time to sort out the 'hoops'. Activate two new accounts with public mobile for your sisters (with your referral code), with new numbers. Get them up and running.

Then (or during this time) port out the two phone numbers (you want to keep) from public mobile to the cheapest option available. Once your sister's temporary lines and accounts are up and running successfully, request to port in the two numbers you want them to have. NOTE, it seems the 2FA phone numbers get stuck with the old number, so maybe change this number in the Manage EverSafe ID area to your number (or one that is active and reachable) before performing the ports/transfers.

@Priority Be careful here, if you port out your PM number, your account is immediately closed. You will lose all rewards and referrals.

Priority

It is worth it for me, the Public Plans the Numbers are on right now wouldn't be the plans I'd be giving to my sister anyhow so I'd have to change them... 

$35ish for both is still cheaper than $50 each with Bell to change the Numbers. 

Using the current Public Accounts that the numbers are on is NOT an option. 

It'd be so easy if Bell took the numbers over for free, than I port them back to Public Mobile with New Accounts. I'm okay with the hoops though. 

@Priority wrote:

Because I want the Referrals. (The Accounts the Numbers I want for My Sister's are not on my current Referral Code, so if I update the credentials I don't get credited for bringing them over like I would if I make them a New Account again.)

I thought of that too, however that won't be able to work in this case because of that.

@Priority ,

Are referrals 1 point each ($1)?

It will cost approximately $34.50 to port the phone #s out to 2 new Lucky Mobile accounts on the lowest plans ($15 +tax each) , you already have the 2 x $10 SIM Cards so that’s good, then port right away to 2 new PM accounts with 2 new SIM Cards that you have, lose the cost of 2 months plans with Lucky Mobile to pay 2 new plans with PM right away! Am I correct? So, even if all are the lowest priced plans total (excluding SIM Cards since you already have those) are $69! But they each get a one time $10 back. Is the cost worth it this way?

Again, I’m a little slow, sorry. 😔 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

How about third time's a charm. Can you look again at a welcome email and look at the headers or source of the email for the account number. My old sign up looked like this. V

From: "Public Mobile" <public-mobile-notifications@publicmobile.ca>
To: "100000########" <myemail@address>

Adding - on your latest question - it doesn't matter where to, just out then in

Priority

If have the same sucess doing this Rinse + Repeat process with Virgin as well. Correct?

I have a few Virgin SIM Cards I'd rather use over the Lucky ones to make this happen. 

Priority

Because I want the Referrals. (The Accounts the Numbers I want for My Sister's are not on my current Referral Code, so if I update the credentials I don't get credited for bringing them over like I would if I make them a New Account again.)

I thought of that too, however that won't be able to work in this case because of that.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Priority wrote:

Okay, so I have two numbers with Bell which I want to change. I have two really good numbers on alternative Public Mobile Accounts that I want to bring into the Bell account to the two lines I have with them. 

After that i want to port those numbers back to Public Mobile with new Accounts for my sisters.. however Bell wants $50 per line to change the numbers.. kinda ridiculous. 

My question here is how do I go about bringing a number from a currently Active Public Mobile account over to another currently Active Account?

@Priority , maybe I’m a little slow but why not give your sisters the PM accounts that you already have with those numbers instead of porting the numbers out to another company with 2 new accounts that you have to pay money for just to port them back in again to PM for 2 new accounts? Along with risking complications when doing so since the PM phone numbers are so important?

Priority

In the past, I have ported from Bell to Public and back to Bell immediately after the Port was Complete so that I could get a better 'Additional Line Discount' with Bell.. so it wasn't an issue I'm reverse roles, but again that was also on the old system.

Priority

I want the Referrals, so the only option is New Accounts and re-port in after Porting out and Closing the Accounts the Numbers are currently on.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I seem to recall reading a story about someone who did this all in a day.

But why do you want new Public accounts? Just hand the keys over.

Priority

Good idea, than I'll just cancel the two numbers I don't want with Bell anymore. 

Is there any amount of time I have to wait to Port a Public Number back in after it's been Ported out? Example, right now since it isn't eligable for port.. will the system see it as eligible as soon as its with Lucky or will it take a few days to be able to bring it back to Public Mobile?

Then forget about the Bell accounts. Lucky is cheaper. Sign up Lucky, port one of the numbers into it, sign up a new Public, port that number into it. Rinse and repeat.

Priority

Thats correct. 

I want to port them off the Public Accounts they are currently on, into my Bell account and than back to Public with New Accounts. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Seems to me your end result is wanting two numbers that are with Public to be put in to new accounts with Public. Did I misread your intentions? Your wording?

Priority

Won't i have the same problems porting a Bell Number to Lucky considering it is also one of Bells companies?

I have plenty of Virgin and Lucky SIMs on hand. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Get a Lucky sim from Dollarama and port out each and then port in each to new accounts. You can't move numbers from one Public account to another otherwise. Or spend the money with Bell.

Need Help? Let's chat.