cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points

cstormy12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Let me understand this , I no longer get 10 dollars off my bill a month for loyalty auto pay and friend referral I get 7 points ??? I should have at least enough points each and every month to get 10 dollars off my bill ??? Who freaking thinks this is good ? Keep the 7 points and  I’ll gladly take 10 dollars off my bill .  What a joke … 

13 REPLIES 13

cstormy12

I agree , now we just need to find a service provider so all of us can leave public and maybe then corporate greed will shut them down !  

cstormy12

Hi there , and thank you for your feed back !  First off there is no customer service here you wait days for an agent to respond , and they think they should be comparable with bell , Rogers ,  and rip off Telus ?

Public mobile was the one off service provider that wasn’t a rip off and actually comparable to the USA plans . Thankfully I live close to the border and At&T has plans for North America including Canada , so you maybe ok with having something given to you then taken away but for me it’s a deal breaker.  

I’ve learned you never take anything away from a current customer , but new people that sign up never had it so they won’t miss it , that’s what a normal business does , and I only know this because I work in customer service .  

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@anotheran wrote:

I'm saying the legacy point system made their prices competitive since they had plans just slightly more expensive than others but discounts brought them lower. Now their month by month plans just match others. 

Not really. With points they will be just a little bit cheaper then the rest.

5% of your bill; 10 points every year; 1 point for each referral.
If you compare $15 plan form others to $15 plan form publicm then publicm IS cheaper (a little bit) plus you get unlimited call/texting in/out.

anotheran

I'm saying the legacy point system made their prices competitive since they had plans just slightly more expensive than others but discounts brought them lower. Now their month by month plans just match others. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @cstormy12 

sorry, nothing will be forever, same with your $7 off

you said you get $10 off each month?  so you have 3 referrals points monthly + 5% points but anniversary.  So, that is a $4 off at least , not bad as most carriers won't give you anything off

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@anotheran wrote:

You have to regularly check public mobile for more competive plans. They come and go in a matter of days. No more legacy discounts ($5 for loyalty and $2 autopay) to make them competitve

This has o sense.

Wit Real money rewards publicm WAS competitive and attractive to new clients. Now you have to wait forever to collect points to transfer them into money then apply to your bill. How about we clean their offices for free and provide breakfast for everybody???? And that will be 3 points for you. Ridiculous...

@cstormy12 wrote:

So why don’t I get enough points right away for 10 off my bill ?  Like now this is costing more and for what reason ?  

All Point systems work this way - you have to collect certain number of points to redeem them.

Credit card cash back; Scene+ points, etc.

So you HAVE to collect 15+ points to redeem them in blocks of 15.

BTW, if you find cheaper provider, let us know. Cheapest PM $15 plan will at least get $19 off your bill (on a yearly basis). So is there any provider giving unlimited in/out calls and texting for $161 (+tax)/year???

Let me now...

anotheran

You have to regularly check public mobile for more competive plans. They come and go in a matter of days. No more legacy discounts ($5 for loyalty and $2 autopay) to make them competitve

@cstormy12 

Nobody is happy including me about the switch to the points Rewards.

I am hoping to help others on this Community to earn extra points each month so I can collect 15 points/month.

cstormy12

So why don’t I get enough points right away for 10 off my bill ?  Like now this is costing more and for what reason ?  

cstormy12

Wow this is sure not a win … go from saving money because your loyal to costing money cause your loyal …

anotheran

Autopay doesn't get you any points and loyalty only gives 10.pts every 12 months. Referrals get you 1 pt every 30 days. And you need min 15 pts to redeem on your plan

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@cstormy12 

You need minimum 15 points for a $15 credit.

You should have 12 points (7 points for referral and 5 points for the switch to the point rewards). 

You will need 3 more points based on 5% of your monthly bill.

Depending on your annual date when joining PM. There is 10 points for every year.

Need Help? Let's chat.