cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points worth it?

rayc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I just found out about the Public Points program and was wondering if it is worth it to give up my current rewards.  I have been with Public for a few years now and my rewards have accumulated to quite a bit.  I read that if i join the Public Points program, that my rewards will get reset.  I'm just not sure if it is worth it.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers,

ray

6 REPLIES 6

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@rayc 

Don't bother with the points calculator because it stops as soon as the points show it's a lose-lose situation for you. This is one of the sneaky tricky shady aspects of the way Public Mobile marketed public points. Don't switch don't join don't do anything just stick with the monetary rewards. The break even point on the auto pay reward is the $40 plan otherwise if your plan is less than that you get less points compared to the $2 auto pay reward but it's the loyalty reward that really gets you in the end because anniversary points are $10 a year capped whereas loyalty rewards eventually get to $60 a year that's a $50 a year difference in reward money. Just don't do it.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I concur with fellow members, stay put, but if you wanna do the math check out the announcement in the below link, there is an excel spreadsheet calculator that may help you.

Introducing Public Points Rewards Announcement:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points-Rewards/td-p/...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@rayc , if you are on the old reward system, don't switch.  The new point system essentially caps the loyalty reward at the 2 year mark.  

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@rayc   NO!  

That is, unless you're looking into leaving PM in the future and it might be worth getting the loyalty rewards paid out in one lump sum (1 point for each month you've been with PM) so you can use those rewards for the upcoming payment cycles?

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@rayc 

don't change to new points,,, keep on old rewards much better for money worth it..

review Solved: Money Rewards System or go with Points - Community (publicmobile.ca)

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@rayc no don't do it you will regret it and there is no going back, do the math!!

Need Help? Let's chat.