cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile vs Telus

Recovery
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just switched over to Public Mobile from Telus due to high plan costs. I am surprised how quick and easy it was. Porting my previous number took less than 10 minutes, followed the start guide shown here and I was good to go. If anyone is debating on switching I suggest you go for it since you will get the same coverage as Telus whilst paying less. Thank you Public Mobile for offering great plans!

29 REPLIES 29

PMFanatic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Recovery  I couldn't agree with you more!!

Go PublicMobile!! Smiley Very Happy

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

We all agree with you!  That's why we are all here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Recovery , welcome to Public Mobile.  This service is a stripped down version of the Telus service at a wallet friendly cost.  

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Recovery  welcome to PM.  Thanks for sharing your experience.  Porting in general is supposed to be pretty quick, I've had porting take even less than 5 minutes.  As long as you follow the appropriate steps there should be minimal issues.  Sometimes you do need to be a bit patient as maybe certain features might take a bit longer (i.e. outgoing or incoming calls).  But in general should be a seamless process.

Now comes the good part, finding ways to save as much money each month as possible Smiley LOL  Enjoy the savings.

louise22210

Agreed! Public Mobile is very easy to use for folks who don't have many questions and know what they are looking for! The rewards and savings are worth it!

Personally, my porting took 2 days but I contacted a MOD and they were very vigilant and helpful through the process. There were some difficulties involving my ASUS phone, yadda yadda, had to manually change things. But all in all, a good time! 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Recovery wrote:

......If anyone is debating on switching I suggest you go for it since you will get the same coverage as Telus whilst paying less.

@RecoveryWelcome to PM Smiley Happy Paying less Heart, yes!! As for the same coverage not entirely true Telus supports VoLTE and WiFi calling etc that PM does not.

robertmay

i moved 2 lines here  and havent regretted it for a moment.  one has now moved to koodo during last falls big promotion, but i might bring it back when that promo ends.

Amy1m87
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public mobile is telus towers!

@Amy1m87Public Mobile is owned by Telus and is Telus' lowest tier flanker brand. It uses the Telus tower out in the west and uses Bell towers in the East where Telus towers are not available.

Need Help? Let's chat.