cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile vs PC Mobile

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey y'll
Asking this on behalf of a loyal friend, who has been with PM, since 3-4 years! He was wondering if that will be a good thing he moves away, considering the loyalty program will b discontinued soon?
What are your thoughts & if PC Mobile can be a good alternative, considering he will get point back and he can use it towards groceries? 

10 REPLIES 10

Shubh2023

That is a good point, tbh. I will tell him about it, just so he considers his options, before taking any decision as such! 
He was the one who told me about PM, and now if he leaves, it would be a little funny, but I understand, situations have been different! 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Shubh2023 

Personally, I would stick with PM. It will take longer to collect and redeem $15 credit off his bill. 
If he is on the $25 plan with 5 referrals, he will receive 6.25 points every month ($25 x 0.05 = 1.25 point + 5 points (referrals) = 6.25 points/month.

Keep in mind that he will receive 10 points for annual loyalty reward so in May. He will receive 16.25 points when the Rewards system switches…so he will to pay $10 service for June service when he redeems 15 points.

Shubh2023

I don't think he's into that, but he loves to keep his bill $ low.
He was getting loyalty points & he has the 3G plan, the one which was priced for $25

@Shubh2023   If US roaming is important then neither PC Mobile nor Lucky would be suitable.

Shubh2023

As far as I remember, he should have at least 5+ referrals, under his account. Not sure what he's gonna do, but, he's still thinking! 
For me, I would be stickling with PM, for the time being, till they keep the plans cheaper, that's what matters + if they work more on 5G network everywhere! 

Shubh2023

Wow, 20 referrals is a lot! I have 2+ right now, guess so 🤔
I was with Fido for 2 years, the bill was $50+ & I was not happy/sad with them, as the bill $ was too high, as I was a student till that time, so I switched. 
I have no regrets, even if I joined during the points system, in Sept 2023, it is way better than Fido! 
For me, good network & data matters a lot. I am mostly out, all week, so, at least to call someone, or streaming YT or Insta reels are a constant companion for me & many others too, guess so! 
So, I feel good with 5G, Fido does not have it yet, and lots of data with PM & getting certain % of the money back is a bonus for me! 
referral bonus points is a good thing which you mentioned, that is important too & I feel you on that, if you wanna move, if that is removed as well! 

Shubh2023

Hey. I agree with you on this! The layoffs were really sad + people in Canada are going through a hard time, for sure!
I had Virgin Mobile for a while, 2nd line, didn't like it a bit! 
USA calling & roaming is a need, as mentioned, as Summer is coming & many of us have people who are based out there, so occasional visit can be a thing for many! 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Shubh2023  If he hasn’t any friend referrals then a switch to PC sounds like a solid choice to me 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

In all honesty @Shubh2023 I myself am not going anywhere. I have just over 20 referrals and that will cover the costs of my phone bill every month. I just ported over to Public Mobile my second line and a few days later I got the dreaded announcement. So I've been offered what I think is a solid deal and will be porting out this Friday. But once again, will be keeping the original PM account. If they removed the referral credits too, I'd be out in a heartbeat without hesitation. 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Shubh2023 - For that... yes. But I won't switch to them because they are behind the scenes operated by Bell and I won't give a single cent to them anymore because of greedy layoffs of 4K+ workers just in 2024!

Also their CSA's are 1 star, way worse than Telus Subsidiaries. Virgin wouldn't let me get a plan I got a text for a couple hours before we called them!

Oh... and US roaming would be a need, not a want because I need my normal phone there.

Need Help? Let's chat.