cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile support team feedback

El-Tabador
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey not a question but rather some feedback.It seems that questions are always being asked about the Can/Usa roaming .Having worked in the telecommunications cellphone biz for 14 yrs .

it might be a good idea for Public Mobile to setup automated messages to those customers who have the Can/Usa packages so that when they cross the border they get a automated message to advise them in what to do .I better idea would be to work on the backend so that the plans/system  just switch over like they do for koodo and Telus customers to work in the USA more seamlessly for a better customer exp ? 

5 REPLIES 5

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@El-Tabador  There is a text message that is usually sent when crossing the border but it does confuse people because while it's intended to notify them they are roaming, it talks about a roaming add-on, which those who have the Canada-US plan don't need but still get the text.  Many, as already posted, find the transition seamless, but some of the problem is when people aren't aware the USA no longer has any 3G while Canada does, and so they don't realizes that a non-VoLTE phone won't work there except on T-Mobile's 2G where it is still available.  This is perhaps something that should be indicated when people go to purchase these plans and add-ons.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

We are all customers here. We ALL have ideas we'd like implemented that would make things run smoother and proper. Alas, Public Mobile doesn't listen to us, the users. They never read these boards. Just being honest with you @El-Tabador . Leaving feedback here has fallen on deaf ears. 

Joe_G
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You may be getting a skewed impression of how big a problem this is by reading the posts here. I have a Canada-US plan and I have a seamless experience every time I travel to the US. The only setting I change is to turn on roaming. Those of us who don't have a problem when roaming don't usually post about it. This post is an exception.

Brianna182
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When I go to the states I do receive a text but it doesn't have any instructions, but no instructions are needed. My plan works seamlessly in the states. States I don't need to change any settings. There's nothing that needs to be sent. In my opinion, some of the things that are suggested in this forum are troubleshooting if it doesn't automatically work, but if they sent that out to everyone, it would just confuse all the people who don't need to change anything

Meow
Mayor / Maire

There is a lot of 'nice to have' things but I doubt they will ever happen at PM.

As per some posts PM does notify customers when they are in USA (or very close to border).

Need Help? Let's chat.