cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile services is down July 28/2020

rsn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't make any calls today, I'm in Toronto. What's going on?

14 REPLIES 14

rsn

I was advised to turn ON LTE settings by Public Mobile in order to receive governments alerts on my phone but looks like there is some sort of glitch

MeganBeaton1

Thanks I ve already tried to troubleshoot with all those steps. I have made a ticket and hopefully my service returns to normal soon.

@MeganBeaton1 do a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

To perform a network reset settings on your iPhone 11, follow these steps:

Step #1. Launch the Settings app from the Home screen.

Step #2. Select General.

Step #3. Scroll down to and tap Reset.

Step #4. Then select Reset network settings from the given options.

Step #5. Enter your device passcode when asked, and then continue.

Step #6. Lastly, select the option to confirm network settings reset on your iPhone 11 device.

Your phone will reboot automatically once the reset is done and restores all network-related settings to their original or default state. 

Stay safe. 

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MeganBeaton1 wrote:

@shep22 on the $40 unlimited txt and talk. I have an iphone 11. 

@MeganBeaton1 that is odd that your calls are cutting out there may be a problem with your account contact the moderators ask Simon the robot  here to speak to a human to generate a ticket mention account issues   check envelope top right for a response they usually reply between 2-48 hours

MeganBeaton1

@shep22 on the $40 unlimited txt and talk. I have an iphone 11. 

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MeganBeaton1 wrote:

Having same issues with no calls lasting more then 40 seconds. Restarted phone, even got a call stating my plan doesnt include talk. Which it does, always pay on time. Frustrating.

@MeganBeaton1 hi what plan are you on,make and model of phone please 

MeganBeaton1

Having same issues with no calls lasting more then 40 seconds. Restarted phone, even got a call stating my plan doesnt include talk. Which it does, always pay on time. Frustrating.

@rsn wrote:

Just turned off LTE on my iphone 8 reboot and all works now. Strange that all custom phone ring tones missing after all. Thanks for all your replies

There must have been a software glitch that caused your phone to hang on LTE.  Phone calls can only go through on 3G.  I know of no phone software with LTE only feature in the menu system.  I suppose you can go into hidden menus and force settings.  

rsn

Just turned off LTE on my iphone 8 reboot and all works now. Strange that all custom phone ring tones missing after all. Thanks for all your replies

@rsn wrote:

I'm in Toronto, but there's no issue here. That doesn't mean that there couldn't be a network problem, but I'm not experiencing anything.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@rsn Check your self-service account. Maybe Autopay failed. There are no any outages in your area it seems.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

What plan plan do you have ?  If you have a limited plan you may have used up your minutes.  Log into your account.  Try rebooting your phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@rsn what's the make and model of your phone?  Thanks.  Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@rsn wrote:

@rsn hello dial *611 is your service suspended ? what plan are you on, are your other services working?

Need Help? Let's chat.