cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile eSIM

Outsider
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought a PUBLIC MOBILE ESIM for $45 per month, and I put it in my S22 Ultra cell phone, but it does not work because the IMEI is blocked. therefore, I want to pass it to my S23 Ultra (dual SIM and factory free), but I don't know how to do this. I need your help, please. thank you very much.

18 REPLIES 18

@Outsider 

If the IMEI is Blacklisted then the phone was reported lost or stolen. 
The original owner will need to contact Samsung to have Blacklisted removed. They will need proof that you are the original owner.

Outsider

Sorry, I am new in this Community and I did'nt know that all of you were costumers. 

@Outsider   You will need to contact customer support as explained already by others, send a private message to an agent via the link that was given.  Only customers read the posts here so we can't do anything about cancelling or refunds.

@Outsider wrote:

I want to cancele my Public Mobile Plan and get a refund

HI @Outsider 

Let me repeat, we are all customers on this forum

So, we won't be able to help refund or cancel your account.  So, best way to do is to submit ticket with CS agent as said above.  Posting more messages like this won't get you anywhere

If you are so upset with it, you can also call the credit card and ask for a charge back.  But better to work with agent

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Outsider So it is the phone (S22 Ultra) that is blocked/blacklisted?

Outsider

I want to cancele my Public Mobile Plan and get a refund

You've been given help already. Contact support to see what they can do for you. Or buy a physical sim and use it instead. Who and why was the esim imei put on the blacklist?

@Outsider wrote:

PLease, I need help!

HI @Outsider 

only you can help yourself.  

If you need to cancel, please submit ticket

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you want to stay with PM, test another active sim card on the physical slot and you might be able to get a PM sim card and use the phone, or you can use PM network using another phone 

Outsider

PLease, I need help!

I'm not sure what all Canadian providers adhere to the blacklist but apparently Telus does. Were you aware that the esim imei was blacklisted? Interesting that it's only the esim.

@Outsider wrote:

I want you canceled my Plan subscription

hI @Outsider 

we are just customers like you

And if your eSIM is blacklisted, cancelling PM account won't help.  Your phone's eSIM would still not able to access any Canadian carriers

But if you are going ahead to cancel, as you cannot login My Account,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent and ask them to help disable Autopay and remove credit card from the account
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Outsider

I want you canceled my Plan subscription

HI @Outsider 

why was it blacklisted?

try to put in a physical sim card from friend.  If it works, then the physical one still not blocked, you can then buy a physical sim and use the phone still 

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Outsider 

When asked for the code click “Didn’t Receive Code” and then ask for it to be sent via email. 

It looks like this:

IMG_4453.png

IMG_4454.png

Outsider

I can't access to my Account because ask me a code to confirm full access, but I can't receive it through my ESIM number

Outsider

My ESIM IMEI is in blacklist

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Outsider - what do you mean your IMEI is blocked?

Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. EDIT, it shouldn't be locked due to its release date though..

Or is your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

If you ported your number over and provided your IMEI instead of your account number, that could be your issue. If this is the case connect with a CSA to get the porting figured out.

Methods to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, and bottom right corner of the page (See the Chat Bubble), 

2-OR, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Outsider 

If the eSIM was installed on another device successfully you will not be able to transfer it to another device without repurchasing an eSIM for $5. They are single use so you will have to download the app on your intended device, go to subscription and add-on’s, and then scroll down to “Shop eSIM Now”.

This is the biggest downside to eSIM when compared to physical SIM cards as you cannot transfer between devices freely without repurchasing. 

If you were unable to successfully install the eSIM on the blocked device you might be able to try adding the eSIM to the new device with the QR code found in the welcome email. But if the SIM was successfully installed that QR code will not work.

Need Help? Let's chat.