cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Screwed up the Transfer!

pubmobsux
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to transfer my number to a new provider. I requested transfer last night, received the authorization text from PM, replied yes. I inserted the sim for the new provider. I was able to send and receive texts, make phone calls but not receive phone calls. Still the same this morning. And I can still get certain texts with PM sim card, but not others. I resent the transfer request this morning because I received an email from the new provider that the transfer was not successful. Meanwhile, I just saw an email from PM sent at 11:00 pm last night welcoming me and providing instructions on how to continue setting up my account. NO!!!! I'm trying to leave PM, not join. I think PM screwed something up on their end.

And now, I'm trying to submit a ticket to customer service but it's only letting me choose the help categories as if I'm having trouble activating with PM.  When I try to submit a general question it gives me an error. 

Help!!!

16 REPLIES 16

thanks @pubmobsux for the update.

yes, as mentioned above, IMEI is not reliable.  🙂

pubmobsux

Just want to update in case anyone encounters a similar issue.  I ended up on a chat with customer service with Fizz.  They indeed tried the account number again and it seems to be working.  My new account is now activated.  But it took 4 hours this morning of back and forth to figure it out.  Also, don't use IMEI.  Seems to cause issues.

pubmobsux

Fizz customer service tried to transfer themselves using IMEI.  It didn't work and they said the issue is with PM not releasing my number and to call them. I did and they say no, the issue is with Fizz, they should try the transfer with account number, which I tried this morning after the transfer last night with IMEI didn't work.  So no end on either end seems to know what they're doing!  Brilliant!

pubmobsux

I've been with them for a number of years.

HI @pubmobsux 

how long you have been with PM ?  did you just activate with PM and porting out within a week?

if you are worry, I would submit a ticket and get it straight

pubmobsux

I'm still wondering though about that email from PM last night welcoming me.  If there was a problem with them thinking I want to transfer TO them, could that be the cause of the issue?

HI @pubmobsux 

usually quicker, but the delay could be from either side of the port. 

pubmobsux

So it can take over 2 hours to receive the authorization text?

HI @pubmobsux 

restart the PM phone first and wait for as much as 2 more hours

if still not receiving the approval request text,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

pubmobsux

Yeah, the second time I used account number.  Still no text from PM though requesting authorization.

HI @pubmobsux 

your PM account is active? did you provide Fizz the account number? if you provide IMEI, this is a common issue it does not work , it is not a PM thing but overall porting using IMEI is not reliable

pubmobsux

I received an email from Fizz last night saying the transfer did not work.  I resubmitted the request for authorization.  I'm still waiting for a text from PM.  It's been almost 2 hours.  The PM sim card is in the phone.  I just tried once again with Fizz to resubmit the transfer request and now I'm blocked from doing it.  So PM messed something up, and Fizz won't let me try again.  Wow!

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@pubmobsux - I had the issue with just immediately removing my Virgin SIM card after replying YES (Port didn't work) and until I kept it in till No Service message the port was not successful.

pubmobsux

I replied within the 90 minute timeframe last night.  I even asked on their support before I started the process last night about when I should change over sim cards and they said after I accept the authorization request.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@pubmobsux 

Not sure what happened.  You might want to call your new carrier to check status of the port.  Looks like the port was unsuccessful the first time.  Did you get a port request text when you submitted the 2nd request?

If the ticketing system is not work, you can send a private message.

Send a private message to CSA through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@pubmobsux - You should keep the Public Mobile SIM card inserted after saying YES for the port-out to work. Once your Public SIM has no service, insert your New Providers SIM card.

Also, please contact your new provider to re-initiate the port request because it is after 90 minutes security timeframe.

Need Help? Let's chat.