cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Payment screen will NOT take my credit card

Leanne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought 5 SIMs, and successfully activated 2 of them with my credit card.  I have tried literally dozens of times to get one of the other SIMs to activate and it always fails saying there is something wrong with my credit card.  I have tried every tiny adjustment to my details as suggested so far in the community to no avail.  I have tried new number and transferring my old number.  I have tried multiple browsers to access PM.  I have contacted my credit card company to review the transactions, and they insist that there are many attempts by PM to access my card, and they have rejected none of them.  They all show as $0.  I have emailed PM 2 days ago and again yesterday with no reply.  I need to get this SIM activated today as it is the last day of service on my old pre-paid provider.  

11 REPLIES 11

Leanne

All fixed.  Telus got back to me in response to an email.  There is a limit to the amount of activity you can use 1 card for.  After a relatively short phone conversation with them they were able to remove the block and I was able to activate my 5th SIM and set all 5 accounts to auto-pay with 1 card.

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have an idea @Leanne .  You would need 2 credit cards but if this works -won't need 3...

Activate 2 sims & accounts on credit card 1.  

Then can add 2 more on credit card #2.  

Go back into the 3rd & 4th accounts and change one or both of those to the Card #1 that you want to use.

Now you have 4 accounts under card #1 & should be able to add the 5th & last activvation under card #2 as it is no longer on the other accounts.

Hopefully that makes sense.

And yes the max of 2 credit cards is a bit inconvenient & have seen people having to use 2 credit cards. If my idea works (i.e. activate with card 1 & when get to 3 rd & card #2 - then switch the news ones & that frees up a spot on card #2.

@Leanne wrote:

I have activated 2 accounts on one card, 2 on another card, but I do not have a 3rd card to activate the 5th SIM.  So I need to wait a couple weeks before I can activate the 5th SIM.  I cannot move any of the accounts to the other card at the moment.  If this workaround actually works, then maybe I can go out and find some vouchers to activate the 5th SIM, then set up auto-pay later on one of the cards.

Leanne

I have activated 2 accounts on one card, 2 on another card, but I do not have a 3rd card to activate the 5th SIM.  So I need to wait a couple weeks before I can activate the 5th SIM.  I cannot move any of the accounts to the other card at the moment.  If this workaround actually works, then maybe I can go out and find some vouchers to activate the 5th SIM, then set up auto-pay later on one of the cards.

Leanne

I was able to activate another SIM on a second card, but was unable to register auto-pay for that SIM on the first card from within my account.  So I am still looking for a solution to activate the 5th SIM.  I do find it kind of arbitrary that there would be a limit of 2 accounts per card.

@Leanne, totally understand how much of a hassle this is. If you have 2 cards I wonder if it is possible to activate 2 on each and then transfer 2 to your main card and activate the 5th on your secondary card as it wouldn't be associated with any account at that time.

Or if you have a Visa debit that might work as well

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Leanne wrote:

So, if this is the case, which would be nice to get a real confirmation from PM, then I would need 3 credit cards to activate 5 SIMs.  I don't have 3 credit cards.  I'm going to have to look into vouchers or something to even get them set up.  But vouchers are pretty inconvenient, plus I want to have auto-pay set for all 5 accounts on my card.  I need confirmation that all 5 accounts can be set up to auto-pay on the same card.

You just need to get past initial activation.  I was able to add back my original credit card later.  As for auto pay, there's no issue with loss of credits.  It can be enabled once the credit card is successfully added.  The window to do that is next payment, so lots of time.

BTW, I checked with my credit card company when I had problems and they said the problem is on the pubic mobile end.  

Leanne

So, if this is the case, which would be nice to get a real confirmation from PM, then I would need 3 credit cards to activate 5 SIMs.  I don't have 3 credit cards.  I'm going to have to look into vouchers or something to even get them set up.  But vouchers are pretty inconvenient, plus I want to have auto-pay set for all 5 accounts on my card.  I need confirmation that all 5 accounts can be set up to auto-pay on the same card.

@Leanne The comments are all, sadly, true. Robot Mad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
I heard that too that only 2 account per credit card. Try a different card and update here if you still can't activate then its something else.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Are you using the same credit card?  There's a known bug with using the same credit card on a third account.  I was hit with this issue.  The only solution was to use a different card, activate, then switched cards a couple of weeks later.  Royal pain, but this workaround did the trick for me.  

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

I've heard stories, but sometimes PM doesnt like it when 3 sims/accounts are under the same credit card. Usually you'd have to use another card, and then update your card to the other card in self-serve or buy payment vouchers. But i could be wrong. Perhaps an Orcale can confrim

@Luddite @NDesai @srlawren is this the case here?

Need Help? Let's chat.