cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Network vs Telus - Same Coverage?

Maverick_FA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently had reception problem in Québec (St-Honoré, Lachute) & Ontario (Peterborough).

When I looked ertyu.org website & notice that I should get a pretty good coverage in these areas (Telus antennas).

On their website, Public Mobile Coverage Area Map (3G) look similar to Telus Area (4G,LTE,5G).

I'm just wondering if I can get a better reception.

Thank you for your help.

11 REPLIES 11

@Maverick_FA wrote:

PM network is provided in the location mentioned before.

There is Telus 5G in 2/3 locations & the other one is 4G Advance.

My iPhone 8 is always set on 3G since I'm with PM.

I'm just wondering if I switch to Telus, I'll get a better signal. 

It becoming really annoying lately...  

Switching to Telus will not help you.  There is no sepeate Public Mobile network. It's all the same Telus network.  As for the "3g"/HSPA network, your coverage and signal at Telus would be identical to that at Public Mobile.  The only difference in covearge/signal that you could possibly see being a Telus Mobility customer would be voice coverage, and at that, only when using the LTE network for voice services.

Maverick_FA

Are you aware of any users switching to Telus to get a better network?

Maverick_FA

Thank you for sharing the info. Very interesting!

Maverick_FA

PM network is provided in the location mentioned before.

There is Telus 5G in 2/3 locations & the other one is 4G Advance.

My iPhone 8 is always set on 3G since I'm with PM.

I'm just wondering if I switch to Telus, I'll get a better signal. 

It becoming really annoying lately...  

@Maverick_FA 

This issue has been widely reported intermittently by pm users with some workarounds and troubleshooting tips. But it seems as though this is also getting caused by Telus changing their equipment from Huawei to Samsung which causes these temporary calling issues to occur for about a week or so. If they continue past a week then more exploratory measures are needed.

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@Maverick_FA data and SMS/MMS coverage is identical. Voice coverage may be different because of VoLTE, as others have mentioned. More details on network sharing here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Network-sharing-explained/td-p/129...

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If those towers supports 3G there should not be any problem with PM network. 

Settings should match too. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire
On the site, you can look for Bell Antenna as well.

and yes, basically PM uses Telus and Bell network. But keep in mind that PM does not have VoLTE like Telus. So, if no 3G coverage there, no voice coverage for PM

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maverick_FA : Phones on PM that have their network setting starting on LTE will rest on LTE until a call. Then it switches to 3G. Then back.

Telus offers voice over LTE. PM does not.

So wherever Telus/Bell 3G is you should be good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maverick_FA 

visit to Coverage Map Here .

or Here 

and check it out is enough Towers Map in your area...

something maybe is help, do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Maverick_FA You should be able to get the same coverage everywhere as Telus. May I ask what model of phone you are using? Could it be a SIM card issue?

Need Help? Let's chat.