cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Menu HyperlInks?

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Is it just me, when I click any of the Public Menu Hyperlinks, it takes me to a French website. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 2.18.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 2.20.02 AM.png

The links affected is the logo, Plans, Get Started and Get Help. There were a few other links within the site links too. But gave up, because I can't understand Francais!?

6 REPLIES 6

CraftyFarmer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Its because you asked someone for help! Isn't that always the way? You can't get something working, and ask a friend who gets it on the first try and thinks you're just out to lunch

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Before I posted this message, I tried all that was suggested, to no avail. It happened yesterday.  That's when I posted seeing if anyone else had this.

Now, for some strange reason, when I click on the menu hyperlinks, guess what, it's now English! 

I must be losing my mind, smoking crack, drunk, high or tired. Either that, it's a sign that's telling learn French with your kids!

[Self solution accepted today 🤣 .......  Luddite]

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@mpcdesign yes, that's because for some reason, your IP is french by default. You need to restart your modem/wifi router as was previously mentioned.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mpcdesign When browsing Google or anywhere else do you see french search results or other webpages in french ? If so then @cavemantoronto is right. This happend to me before. Google thought my IP was French. I had to make google fix it directly because my ISP offers almost free static IP's and Ive had my IP for 3 years. I didnt want to loose it. Try browsing on your mobile data. 

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mpcdesignTry clearing your browser history and restarting it. You can also restart your device.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Restart modem to get new IP address.  The IP might be making site think you are in French speaking region of country. You can change langage to EN/province at top.

Need Help? Let's chat.