cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Issues?

toledolinda
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

Just wanted to ask if there are any issues with PM today? Cannot use anything, account is all paid up so nothing to do with payment. 

Tried all the - shut down, reboot, airplane mode, sim out, and still nothing.

Checked the area nothing showing an outage, 

Please advise

Thanks. Linda

update : ** I can send and receive texts but nothing else works **

27 REPLIES 27

So, it's working even before Mod comes back with a reply?

Glad to know it's all good.   Enjoy your weekend.

toledolinda

looks like it's been cleared up for now. Not sure what the issue was as all my account was up to date and nothing outstanding etc. Maybe it was just a temporary glitch. 

At this point who knows.. I am glad to have my service back 🤗 

Thank you to all who have commented and assisted, this is why I continue to 💗 PM 

Keep up the great work all 🙂

@toledolinda wrote:

trying to get things looked at. Just a little frustrating was working all fine yesterday and today nothing.

I checked there is no outages in my area. 😞

Have you tried going into the settings, apps, selecting the phone app, clearing app cache, force closing the app, reboot phone and see if that helps.  

@hairbag1 , no OP has the $50 plan 10gb ...

@toledolinda wrote:

I am not prepared for a factory reset, sorry but I have things which are hard to back up. 

Everything else works, just the calling in and out. I can receive texts and send texts, data works. 

Any idea what would make it stop working as I was on many calls yesterday?

What plan do you have ? If you have one of the older calling plans with limited incoming / outgoing calling....maybe you've run outta minutes.

Add  $5 to your Available Funds...then buy the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on.

Let us know if that helps at all.

Good luck.

toledolinda

trying to get things looked at. Just a little frustrating was working all fine yesterday and today nothing.

I checked there is no outages in my area. 😞

keep checking the Community inbox, Mod will communicate with you via there.  It might be couple messages back and forth as they need to validate your account as well

Its good you have data.  you might need to use Whatsapp call, Facebook call, etc for now  

Let us know how it turns out.

toledolinda

I have put in for a ticket, fingers crossed it gets resolved. 

toledolinda

I have put in a request for a ticket. Hopefully it will get resolved, feels weird not being able to not use the phone for calls. 😞

@toledolinda wrote:

I am not prepared for a factory reset, sorry but I have things which are hard to back up. 

Everything else works, just the calling in and out. I can receive texts and send texts, data works. 

@toledolinda 

Hard to say for sure:  either a PM service issue versus hardware/setup issue.  We can't test which option since you do not have access to another phone.  

Contacting moderator would help determine whether PM service issue.  It may take a few hours for moderator to respond though.  

toledolinda

no need to buy a phone to test  🙂   See if you can get it from a friend if possible.

Anyway, open a ticket with Mod first.

@toledolinda wrote:

I don't have an option to choose 3G/4G only options appear ;

LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)

WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)

WCDMA only

GSM only

@toledolinda 

Try WCDMA only option.  

Last resort would be a factory reset of phone (backup phone first)

toledolinda

unfortunately this is the only phone that I have, I don't have any other phones in the house. 

I would have to buy a phone to test. Not sure what else to do. 

I have been with PM since Nov 2019 and never had an issue.

@toledolinda wrote:

WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)

WCDMA only

GSM only

You can try WCDMA only.  

If that didn't work, you would want to change it back to LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect) after 

It would be nice if you have another phone to test.  If you can find a phone to test, you can find out for sure if it is a phone issue or if it is the network issue

Before you can find a phone, maybe you can still open a ticket for Mod to confirm on the backend.  They need some time to reply you anyway.   After you open the ticket, make sure you check back in the Community here, and check your inbox (The envelop icon on the top right)

To open ticket with Mod:

1. For faster response (2 to 48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, or you can also use this direct link instead https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot , then type "Submit a ticket", select Account-specific issue, then select I need a human now. Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

toledolinda

WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)

WCDMA only

GSM only

toledolinda

tried the reset and nothing, still cannot make calls or get calls. 

I did turn wifi off and data works as I was able to load a web page, so it seems it's just an issue with calls in and out 😞

Try this to change the network to 3G only

https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/public/en/samsung/galaxy-a70/android-9-0/guides/24/Switch-between-...

After you changed that, try to make some calls

btw, did you try turning off Wifi and see if data works?

toledolinda

no incoming calls or outgoing callings? (none - nothing)

What recording you hear when you try outgoing calls?  And all incoming calls going to voicemail? (no recording nothing going anywhere, just air)

how many bars for the signal you see on top of the screen ?  Is it showing Public Mobile ? (see picture attached)

Which PM plan do you have ?  (the $50 plan 10gb)

Also, did you try forcing the network to 3G instead of Automatic ? (never heard of this Screenshot_20210604-095932_One UI Home.jpg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@toledolinda  no incoming calls or outgoing callings?  What recording you hear when you try outgoing calls?  And all incoming calls going to voicemail?

how many bars for the signal you see on top of the screen ?  Is it showing Public Mobile ?

Which PM plan do you have ?  

Also, did you try forcing the network to 3G instead of Automatic ?

toledolinda

I will try this what you sent. 

I have an Samsung A70, never had any issues until today. 😞 

@toledolinda

@toledolinda wrote:

I don't have another phone to swap only the one. 

What's a network reset? Never heard of this before. 

Network resets the phone connections to Wifi, bluetooth, etc.

Here is some more information:

https://www.howtogeek.com/710873/how-to-reset-network-settings-on-android/

Which plan are you on?  Model phone?

toledolinda

already tried this about 3 times now. Tried many different ways and still nothing. 

toledolinda

I don't have another phone to swap only the one. 

What's a network reset? Never heard of this before. 

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Everything seems to be working here (Manitoba).  I would try airplane mode and then shut down and try again and see if it does anything for you.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try swapping your sim and if you have another phone then try putting in it to see if it works.  If that does not work then try a network reset.

Need Help? Let's chat.