cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Giveaway - Win one of two iPhone 15's in a referral contest.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Public Mobile just added a new, 'My Referral's' tab in My Account. If you click on it, there will be a contest to refer people to Public Mobile till sometime like March 15th, you will have a chance to win 1 iPhone 15, two winners. Max 3 referrals for a draw in the contest. 

Spoiler
This won't let you be entitled to a brand new iPhone 15, think of it like a 'Lottery Ticket' or a ' 50/50 ticket draw.' Also your current Referrals won't count for this contest, only New Customers to Public Mobile will count. EDIT: Only available to people who have Public Points, thanks @Dunkman for notifying me of this limitation.

Who has just referred people for a chance in the draw?

13 REPLIES 13

JamonRodriguez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

where is the list of contest winners?

JamonRodriguez

any update?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Maybe I'm missing something but...  where is it in the announcements?  The only reason I searched for this thread and looked for it is because there was an article on iPhonesInCanada on my Google News feed.

@Raul_Davalos 

no what if, everyone has a community account.  You are using one now, @Raul_Davalos  is your Community account

Raul_Davalos

what if you don't have a Community account?

HI @Raul_Davalos 

they will message you on your Community inbox

Raul_Davalos

Can someone please advise;

How will the winners be notified?

Hopefully by the email on the account.

ulearn

@hTideGnow 
Totally on board with you there! Whenever people inquire about my phone bill (I downsized from the $40 plan to the cheapest one when the pandemic hit), I'm like, "Yep, cut down on calling and switched to texting more." Plus, I'm open to calls if needed. Dropping from $15 to $8 a month? No-brainer for me!

thanks for confirming @Dunkman 

yes, PM tries very best to get the legacy customers onto the new system, but it is too hard to give up $5 rewards per cycle and $2 Autopay discount 🙂

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Dunkman - Yes, that probably will entice people to move to the New Rewards system since it is not available to Legacy Rewards customers.

@hTideGnow 

I am sure that this promo and likely similar future promotions will be targeted to the rewards points customers.  My accounts with legacy rewards do not show the My referrals tab, while my one account on the points system does show this tab and access to this promo.  

I guess that this is one way that Public mobile is trying to incentivize legacy customers to switch over.  Most of my account will stay with the legacy rewards though.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

thanks @fixin that is a great way to promo Public Points

But there is no announcement about this contest for Public Points only , although I don't see it on mine.  @Dunkman you sure it is not for everyone?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@fixin 

The My referral tabs only available for customers on the new points rewards system.  Legacy rewards customers are not eligble for these new promotions and draws.  

Contest runs from February 8, 2024 to March 15 at 11:59 PM PST. Successful activations must take place on or before March 29, 2024. 

To be eligible, the referral must purchase a subscription and activate their SIM card by March 29, 2024 11:59 PM PST. To be eligible, you must be a Public Points customer of Public Mobile and must be a Canadian resident 13 years of age or older. 

There will be two (2) prizes awarded. Each winner will receive the following prize:

One (1) Apple iPhone 15 (Approx $1129/each).

A random draw for both Prizes will take place at the Public Mobile office located at 25 York St, Toronto, ON on or about April 11, 2024 at approx. 12:00 PM EST by a Public Mobile representative.

Need Help? Let's chat.