cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile + Cyber Monday = FAIL.

Garry
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Considering it's Cyber Monday, and it's all about ONLINE shopping and ONLINE deals..........WHERE IS PUBLIC MOBILE???? Nowhere to be found........

If you're going to market yourself as an online only business, wouldn't it make sense to use this opportunity to impress your current and future client base? Earn some extra revenue?Somebody at PM should really be fired.......Perhaps it's the same person that forgot to buy the candies for Halloween?

I don't need a new plan or a new phone, but I'm sure there are some people that do and are looking to join. I guess you missed the boat there!

Anyways......You get a big fat "F" grade from me today PM. You have some serious homework to do.

17 REPLIES 17

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bryclops,

Thanks for this information. 🙂

bryclops
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have the 2016 fall promo and recently got another sim with the 4GB + 2 GB bonus at 3G speed (2.5mpbs LTE).  Based on my 1st week of testing, I'll say that there is not much difference with regular web surfing.  If you are trying to watch a 1080p video on YouTube and try to fast forward on the 3G speed plan it can take a few seconds to load whereas the LTE is almost instantly.  If you are downloading a large app you will notice it taking longer to download but that's really it.  I tested it with my Slingplayer app to watch TV from my Slingbox and there was no buffering and the picture quality looked good. 

The next best thing after the $120 12GB promo on 90 day contract in my opinion is the $150 12GB + 6GB bonus at 3G speed on a 90 day contract.

Michael77

@ToniCipriani wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

While I am a little suprised that Public Mobile didn't offer something, "sales" are can often be seen as things being overpriced on other non-sale days.  Any discounts offered by Public Mobile would likely be less percentage-wise compared to other more expensive carriers because there is less of a buffer for the company to make profit.

Yeah.. I really wouldn't worry about their margins. They're doing just fine.

https://assets.contentful.com/qqswi6c8cvkj/2FTrzX0CEgmQui44QGAAS6/ba721232eee454975a385fb56df90246/T...

Yes, it looks like Telus is doing well.  Prepaid net additions totaled 9,000 due to improvements in prepaid churn rate.  I would like to know all the numbers for Public Mobile? 🙂 

ToniCipriani
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

While I am a little suprised that Public Mobile didn't offer something, "sales" are can often be seen as things being overpriced on other non-sale days.  Any discounts offered by Public Mobile would likely be less percentage-wise compared to other more expensive carriers because there is less of a buffer for the company to make profit.

Yeah.. I really wouldn't worry about their margins. They're doing just fine.

https://assets.contentful.com/qqswi6c8cvkj/2FTrzX0CEgmQui44QGAAS6/ba721232eee454975a385fb56df90246/T...

Acekiller

it would be nice but I can't say I am surprised.

For the reasons alone that @wetcoaster mentined, we should not have a big promo until chnages are made, and everything 'just works'.

Having a huge promo before this, would spell the end of Public Mobile - and I don't want to see that.

EDITED for a small typo.  AND AGAIN for an extra letter in the same word 😞  My Cyber Monday fail it appears! lol

Michael77

@wetcoaster,

It would be nice if the system glitches were fixed. I just wonder when that will happen? I hope real soon. Smiley Happy

@Michael77 wrote:

@stonechucker,

I respectfully disagree with you.  I believe there should be promotions to attract more new customers.  In my opinion, the current model (no call centre) is not working as well as Telus/PM would like. I don't think PM's customer base is growing.  It's very hard to get someone to switch to a company where there is no phone number.  Promotions might help?  Just my thoughts.......... 🙂  

@Michael77

In my humble opinion you have it backwards.

First step must be to get the system running properly and smoothly (and I still believe that the back end system should be rebuilt from scratch for that) and then throw a mind blowing promo out there. As it is, the platform is not able to process a big influx of new customers efficiently, and huge numbers of disappointed / angry customers that are stuck in limbo (look at all those threads from a year ago!) would be doing Public Mobile's reputation more harm than good.

Michael77

@stonechucker,

I respectfully disagree with you.  I believe there should be promotions to attract more new customers.  In my opinion, the current model (no call centre) is not working as well as Telus/PM would like. I don't think PM's customer base is growing.  It's very hard to get someone to switch to a company where there is no phone number.  Promotions might help?  Just my thoughts.......... 🙂  

ute1978

Public Mobile's rates are "a deal" ALL YEAR LONG.

@Michael77, well the close up shop discussion has been going on since I first researched in December 2015 about Public Mobile.  23 months later, we're still here.

I still find the current in-market pricing listed, compared to Ontario Big 3 are a great value.  Also, the coverage of PM over Freedom, although getting smaller, is still far better than what Freedom has currently.

Michael77

Yes, it would have been nice to have a Black Friday or Cyber Monday deal. I am still trying to figure out if PM wants to close up shop or compete? 

pgallaway
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@ShawnC13, yeah, just remember it was around this time last year 😉

Anyway, happy one of us has that deal. The referral from my signup will make it even better. The current 15GB for $180 is comparable to last years deal when you look at what the competition is offering. As I mentioned, there's only one other carrier that I feel is anywhere competitive. Everyone else is some minutes per month (100-200 -which is probably lots for me) with less data (~2~3GB is typical) at $75/month+ on BYOP. 

@pgallaway, welcome to PM.  If your wife signed up last year at this time it wasn't a Black Friday Promo.  That was the Fall Promo that went on for over a month and unfortunately I am not sure we will see prices like that again unless we get some real competition in the Canadian cellular market.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

pgallaway
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My spouse signed up with last years Black Friday deal and I was hoping to get a similar offer this year as well for myself. I have been planning to swithch from Speakout pay as you go to a plan because my useage has been increasing (use to spend ~$10/month), and I'm driving a fair bit more so data would be nice. Anyway, I've been watching prices for the past two months and Freedom Mobile and Public Mobile are by fair the most affordable options in Ontario. My phone won't work properly with Freedom's LTE so I'll be going PM. Now I'm fortunate that most of my calls are in this province and a long distance addon should last me a long time for the few calls I'll need to make. There really is no competition in this province. Anyway, I have the SIM in hand and will complete my order tonight with or without a Cyber Monday deal. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Garry, I am not surprised by this at all nor am I disappointed.  PM's plans are priced fairly in the market.  Some providers do have deals that match or are close to what we get here.  I am amazed how many people we get who are disappointed on hte no deals.  Black Friday is an American thing that has migrated here.( I did purchase something on Black Friday)  I would take a stable pricing format rather than one that goes up and down.  It had been posted here many times that we felt there would be no promo's coming.  So did anyone find a Black Friday deal or Cyber Monday Deal that is better then what they have here and are leaving?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.