cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Block My IMEI and my Sim Card

jennlily
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I am in trouble since now more then a week. Without even trying to contact me by email or calls, public mobile locked my IMEI and Sim Card. First the person from the community center told me it was related to a charge back on my account (any money went back into my account). Now a guy from the Privacy Department told me it was for a suspiscious activity on my account. Just before this I topped up my phone (so lost $40 plan) and I also had $41 of credit for next month... apparently I lost it! They want me to buy a $37.60 voucher + $80 and send them the 12 number of the voucher to put my sim card back in service and unlock my phone. This would mean that on top of the $80 I already lost they want me to spend an other $117... 

I asked them the date the charge back have been requested to be able to send the prove no money went back into my account but apparently they are not interested about it... I am lost and do not know what to do ! I am not even sure they can legally lock my phone as I did not buy it in relation to public mobile...

I will take any advices ! Thank you in advance for your help !!!!

75 REPLIES 75

It doesn't sound you are talking to real moderators.

Ensure you can still login to your self-serve portal, I wonder if someone has hacked your account and has used the "Lost/Stolen" phone feature to turn of your service:

1. Login to self-serve at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/
  2. Go to "My Profile" then "Change password" to something new
  3. Check what your balance says in the top right, and also check "View Payment History" under the overview page.
  4. Go to "Plan and Add-Ons" then "Lost/Stolen Phone"
  5. See if you see an "Activate Service" or "Suspend Service" button... If it says Activate, the hacker may have disabled the service on you.... Activate it and see if your phone starts working again!!

@jennlily wrote:

Sadly I do explain them since more then a week and the only thing they want from me is the $117 voucher... I am prepaid and there always been credit in my account so I have not to spend this money this is not normal... 

@jennlily   I'm not sure why you would need to pay $80, let alone another $117.   You need to send another message to moderators and ask them why you are being requested to pay these amounts. 

Edit:  Please only contact by using the two methods suggested in this thread so that you get to the real PM employees.

@jennlily 

Sounds suspicious to me.  Are you sure that you are dealing with Public mobile moderators/employees?  I might be wrong, but maybe somebody is impersonating Public mobile and might be scam.  Public mobile rarely locks phones via IME.  Your account can be suspended for non payment, but "locked" phone?  Asking for a payment voucher for that amount of money is fishy to me.  

Maybe screenshot some of the correspondence.  

jennlily

Sadly I do explain them since more then a week and the only thing they want from me is the $117 voucher... I am prepaid and there always been credit in my account so I have not to spend this money this is not normal... 

@jennlily wrote:

This is the steps I used, I still do not want to buy a voucher. I already spent $80 on public mobile this month I do not have an other $117 to send them... this situation is just crazy... who does it to people ??? I never got a phone call either an email... If really there was a problem with my account it was the first thing to do 😕 

@jennlily   I'm sure once you've explained everything to the moderators, you will get the proper credit on your account if you have already paid more into your account than what was needed, especially since it looks like you have not had any service for a week or so.  Good luck!

jennlily

Thank yoi but I am speaking to them since more then a week

jennlily

jennlily

I am speaking to them since more then a week but thank you 

jennlily

Thank you but of course I tried... and they also locked my account...

@jennlily wrote:

Ah aaaaah I have been speaking to them of course as said in my text. They gave me informations drop by drop during a week to finally give me the contact of the privacy departement. All of this for them to ask me a phone number to be able to call me (big joke when you lock my phone...). Today I finally spook to them and they told me they are not the right department so I need to be back speaking to the community center !!! I am loosing my patience after 1.5 week without phone and I do not know what to do

@jennlily    Please contact moderators by clicking on the chatbot bubble bottom right of screen and follow prompts or send a private message to Moderator_Team via the envelope icon top right. 

@jennlily 

Use this private link to message a Public Mobile moderator to see what is going on. It may take up to 48 hours for a response. Keep an eye on the envelope icon in the top right hand corner for a reply.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

jennlily

This is the steps I used, I still do not want to buy a voucher. I already spent $80 on public mobile this month I do not have an other $117 to send them... this situation is just crazy... who does it to people ??? I never got a phone call either an email... If really there was a problem with my account it was the first thing to do 😕 

jennlily

Ah aaaaah I have been speaking to them of course as said in my text. They gave me informations drop by drop during a week to finally give me the contact of the privacy departement. All of this for them to ask me a phone number to be able to call me (big joke when you lock my phone...). Today I finally spook to them and they told me they are not the right department so I need to be back speaking to the community center !!! I am loosing my patience after 1.5 week without phone and I do not know what to do

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jennlily wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am in trouble since now more then a week. Without even trying to contact me by email or calls, public mobile locked my IMEI and Sim Card. First the person from the community center told me it was related to a charge back on my account (any money went back into my account). Now a guy from the Privacy Department told me it was for a suspiscious activity on my account. Just before this I topped up my phone (so lost $40 plan) and I also had $41 of credit for next month... apparently I lost it! They want me to buy a $37.60 voucher + $80 and send them the 12 number of the voucher to put my sim card back in service and unlock my phone. This would mean that on top of the $80 I already lost they want me to spend an other $117... 

I asked them the date the charge back have been requested to be able to send the prove no money went back into my account but apparently they are not interested about it... I am lost and do not know what to do ! I am not even sure they can legally lock my phone as I did not buy it in relation to public mobile...

I will take any advices ! Thank you in advance for your help !!!!

@jennlily   Who did you contact?

BTW don't send any voucher PINs to anyone unless you know they are actually Public Mobile employees who can be reached by either clicking on the chatbot bubble bottom right or by clicking the envelope icon top right next to your avatar and send a private message to Moderator_Team.   Which way did you contact them?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Use the chat bubble in the bottom right and submit a ticket.  A moderator will be able to help you in the next couple of days.  Sometimes someone in the community can offer assistance to resolve your issue.  Stay patient...this will be resolved.

Need Help? Let's chat.