cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile Account Management Website down

EnDanU
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Still getting the "Forbidden A1" message Mon, Aug 14, 2023 at 11:00 pm.  I assume the outage reported at My Account experiencing issues: service not impact... - Community (publicmobile.ca) is still unresolved? 

Can anyone provide an ETA for fixing the problems? 

15 REPLIES 15

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No worries! I am happy you were able to access at least one account. Unfortunately with being outside of operating hours you won’t hear back until sometime tomorrow morning but Customer Service will get you back into those accounts! 

If you do end up going the voucher route in the meantime for the other two I heard Muskbird was an online option that some people have used and mentioned on this forum. 

West_coast_aliv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the support @JRod !

I submitted two different CSA tickets from two different accounts several hours ago. No response as of yet. 
sigh this is just such bad timing 

West_coast_aliv

IMG_5151.jpeg

It won’t recognize that there is even an account. 
I just got into 1 of the three accounts!!!!  🥳

2 are still down as of 11:53PM Monday Aug 14. 

JRod

I am really sorry that you have been going through all of that. Have you tried clearing the browser data/cookies and then trying again on your desktop? If that doesn’t work and you just want the service to begin again I’d suggest picking up some vouchers and adding them to your account just to get them going again. 

As far as recovering your account I think you’d have to reach out to support in order for them to help you regain access to the account. 

The below link will allow you to private message a customer support agent directly in order to get a response

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Keep an eye on your mailbox here as that is where your reply will come in. 

Buy vouchers from lots of stores (open?) or online and from your phone dial 1-855-4pu-blic and enter the number of one of the non-working accounts and remit the voucher into it. Then hang up. Then dial again and remit to another non-working account. Then hang up. Then dial again and remit to the last non-working account.

Adding - Or go to a Mobil gas station and use the real time payments method where you give the phone number and it goes straight into the account.

West_coast_aliv

I tried different browsers, incognito, the app, desktop, PC, no wifi,… I’m at my wits end here. I keep getting “wrong password/ email” then if I try to change the password, my email for the account is not recognized or on the desktop I get “forbidden a1” message.  
it’s been an awful day of trying to get service restored on three accounts. My phone is working fine. It’s my other family members who have no service. 
thanks for the tips! Refresh is the only one i am not sure about. 

JRod

It just means to refresh the page if you see a black error screen when signing in. What error are you getting when you try to login to the account? If it’s trying to get past the Two factor authentication as you don’t have access to the phone numbers, if you get it to resend the code a few times you can choose an option that you didn’t receive the code and select to receive it via email. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@EnDanU , I’m able to sign in to My Account & PM app now, Tuesday, August 15, 3:40am (ADT)!

West_coast_aliv

What is “an extra refresh” mean? I still cannot access my accounts. 

JRod

I know if you buy vouchers you can add them in the account on 611 to get the account going again, not entirely sure about changing your payment method but it might give you an option. Try logging into your account again with a refresh if you hit an error or try in an incognito window.

West_coast_aliv

I have 5 accounts. Three of those accounts just had a credit card expire. 
I need to get into the accounts to change the credit card information. Simple as that. 
will 611 allow that account change?

thanks for answering. 

JRod

I’m sorry to hear that. Service is still working despite the account portal experiencing issues. Are all three of your lines on an active subscription? If you are seeing a black screen that says unauthorized, try refreshing the page. Also trying in an incognito window can sometimes help! I am able to access my account with an extra refresh if I hit the unauthorized error. If you can’t login to the account portal, you could try calling 611 to manage your account 

West_coast_aliv

Unfortunately at 11:15 pm I cannot sign in to my account 😞 no service for three phones right now 

JRod

@EnDanU 

Just tried to login on the app and am able to access my account. Try it out and hopefully it’ll also work for you!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Works for me on the website. I had to do an extra refresh in the app.

Need Help? Let's chat.