cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotions for new activations

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi all.  If someone entered their e-mail address on MORE THAN one promotion for a new activation, and if they are labeled as "non-stackable" in the terms and conditions, how does PM treat it if activation is made and more than one promotion is still in effect?   Would only one promo apply, which one, or would neither?   Any takers?

10 REPLIES 10

@darlicious 

That is how I see it as well. So depends which offer is worth more to you. Most likely wont even see that there are two different offers so they wont have to choose between them.

AE_Collector

@HALIMACS 

I believe more specifically if you are registered for both and you do not use the promocode during activation in the promocode box on the plans page then it would default to the second month free promo. The determining factor is using the promo code.

@Anonymous   So although they are both promos for new activations based on the registered e-mail, I see that one sends back a promo code to use during activation, and the other "remembers" the e-mail so when activation occurs it provides the "2nd month free" promo automatically.    

@Anonymous   You are correct that the flash sale is not stackable - thanks & good recall on that one.   Here's a link to both offers which eligibility periods overlap.  They sure look like similar e-mail based new activation offers.  Can you elaborate, please, on which requires the use of a promo code?  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/sweetdeals

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-your-second-month-FREE-when-you-activate-online/m-p/610429

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

@popping & @Anonymous   To place more context, someone i know entered their e-mail for the 2nd month free promo (which expires in a couple weeks or so) and i believe was stackable.  A current activation promo "sweet deal" of an extra 1GB for 6 months + minutes to India states not stackable.   If they enter their e-mail address for that promo too, and then activate a few days later, do you think the 2nd month free promo would drop off, or might the "sweet deal" promo not apply?

That promo requires use of a promo code. The plan credit promo does not.

The flash sales do say not stackable.

I wondered about that as well since they seem to be overlapping and both require registering an email address.

AE_Collector

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@popping & @Anonymous   To place more context, someone i know entered their e-mail for the 2nd month free promo (which expires in a couple weeks or so) and i believe was stackable.  A current activation promo "sweet deal" of an extra 1GB for 6 months + minutes to India states not stackable.   If they enter their e-mail address for that promo too, and then activate a few days later, do you think the 2nd month free promo would drop off, or might the "sweet deal" promo not apply?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HALIMACS wrote:

Hi all.  If someone entered their e-mail address on MORE THAN one promotion for a new activation, and if they are labeled as "non-stackable" in the terms and conditions, how does PM treat it if activation is made and more than one promotion is still in effect?   Would only one promo apply, which one, or would neither?   Any takers?

If I need to guess, it will be the latest promo you supplied with your email address.

Since the you don't get the credit right away, you can create support ticket to let moderator know which promo which you are sign up for right after your activation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS wrote:

I would say one activation, one promo. I hardly think they would give one activation two credits. The email submission didn't overlap though. But I would say one. Which one might depend on order. Who knows how they apply these things though. Sometimes it seems some things around here run on baling twine and gum.

Need Help? Let's chat.