cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotional data gone after changing subscription

Chauakas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

I have received promotional 3g data because public mobile is going for points system for all customers from May 2024 but when I changed my subscription to the one with 200mb data. I can’t see the added promotional data anymore.

Any help

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

paigedoskas420
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Many other users are experiencing this issue. It could be that the new plan is incompatible with the data add on you received. 

@Chauakas   The announcement referred to the FAQ where this is stated, and gave a link to it, see at the bottom of the announcement:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro... 

Yes many people are upset about both the change to points, and the loss of bonus data for changing to a lower plan, there are many posts about this in the community and I can understand people being upset.  When I first joined I had read elsewhere that there was a $2 auto-pay discount but I was too late when I joined so was on points from the get go so don't get that.   For me the points are still good, but not as good as the rewards would have been. 

Chauakas

Forget about FAQ team announced about this on the platform and it doesn’t say you can’t change your plan and why they even bother to add the data for customers when they are on unlimited data plan.

@fixin   It's only 240GB for those on the more expensive plans, lower value plans get less.

@Chauakas  I think the idea is that you can over-run your monthly data bucket and then the bonus kicks in to keep the same speed instead of being throttled to 512Kbps.  So only really useful for those that use a ton of data.

Chauakas

How in the world someone can use the promotional data when they are on unlimited data plan. 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Chauakas - Once you change plans that aren't the same price you will lose all of the Loyalty Data, which is 240GB for $29< plans, which most users buy.

50GB for the $24 & $25 plans.

5GB for the $15 Plan.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Chauakas  Changing subscription to a lower value cancels the data bonus.  From the FAQ

The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.