cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion

Derrell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up to Public Mobile a week ago and used the promotion 2GBBONUS and have not seen the bonus applied when I logged into my account. I also used a friends referral code at the time of activation if that has any affect.  Does this take awhile to show up or should I be concerned? The plan I signed up for is the $35.00 plan. This plan includes 2.5 GB + 500 MB's for auto pay which shows up when I log into my account. 

20 REPLIES 20

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@cwduby it is against forum rules to post referral codes. You should edit your post to remove it.

@cwduby 

Remove your referral code from your post.  It is not allowed to be solicited in these open forums.  Do so by clicking the down arrow from the top of your post.

If you don't, an Oracle or CSA will eventually remove it.  

The only time a referral code can be provided is if a new customer ASKS for one, in which case you may private message them the code.

cwduby

I the current code is 6MONTH2GB. I don't believe it can be changed after activation is complete. If you would like extra savings last weeks promo for 2 GB for 12 months  on a $25 plan is still available until Feb 22  it is 12MONTHS2GB To get this you would need to get another Sim card and reactivate again. It would cost a bit but it would save money in the long run. Also if you didn't have a referral code you can use xxxxxxxxx and get an additional $10 off on your second month

@Derrell wrote:

That promo code showed up on a recent Public Mobile page. I took a screen shot to show that the date was still valid unless Public Mobile does not take down old promotions. I activated online. 

As long as you have screenshot of a promo and proof you signed up during promo period, I would not be too concerned. I am not sure if these promos are added by the system or manually by human. I would expect former...

Do not forget we have long weekend so maybe their update batch is running on weird schedule.

But if you do not see what you expect to see until 24th Feb, definitely contact agent to assist you.

Whatever is outcome please keep us posted including agents' reply so we know what is going on and why you do not see what you expect to.

@Hasib514 wrote:

No worries: All the bonuses will be applied to your account on your next bill payment.

Hi @Hasib514 

FYI,   Data Promotion usually will be added within 72 hours.  If longer than that, OP should open a ticket with PM CS Agent to confirm.  Only promotion for Free month is added a lot later, like on the 2nd month.

Hasib514
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No worries: All the bonuses will be applied to your account on your next bill payment.IF it didn't apply, open a ticket and make a request.

@Derrell wrote:

Here's a link to the Promotion page. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/pd3-3523583103 If this is not valid wouldn't they have taken this down?  

Thanks for your help. 

HI @Derrell   I think they don't take down old page.  Also, I tried the other day on this page to enter the email address there and never got a email response

Just open a ticket with PM Support, it's good you kept the link, challenge them with the fact that the page is still accessible and maybe they should honor it.   Worst case, there have been couple bonus offer and if your activate date was right, they can give you back another offer instead

Derrell

Here's a link to the Promotion page. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/pd3-3523583103 If this is not valid wouldn't they have taken this down?  

Thanks for your help. 

@Jb456 wrote:

@HALIMACS  Good to know. All these changes and all who knows where what is anymore. 

@Jb456 - the way I treat it, is, the addons/promos are listed under your "My Data & Add-ons" section if they are 'tied' to your account (so addons you purchase yourself, or PM's xmas giveaways, etc.). You can change plans and they hang around.

But listed under the "My Promotions" area if 'tied' to your plan. If you change plans, you may lose these promos.

Mind you, these are YMMV, as many things can be here. So be warned. 😉

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Derrell  What day did you join? From 11th to 14of Feb the code was 12MONTHS2GB for plans $25 and higher for 12 months of extra data.

Then 16th to 21st code was 6MONTH2GB for plans $35 and higher for 6 months of extra data.

But the code you used been known to work in the past when it was not actively visible or available online...

@Derrell wrote:

That promo code showed up on a recent Public Mobile page. I took a screen shot to show that the date was still valid unless Public Mobile does not take down old promotions. I activated online. 

Good idea to screenshot the promo ad.  

Then it looks like you should have qualified.

Contact customer service agent as described in above posts.  If CSA argue that code is not valid, you can show your screenshot, etc.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Ask your friend if he can see your phone's last 4 digits when he logs in into his account. That will confirm you properly applied his referral code.

Referral code should not interfere with any other promo.

$10 should appear on your account as available funds. All this applies if you signed on on-line with PM.

If it is already more than 3-4 business days since you signed up, contact agent for assistance.

Derrell

@HALIMACS  Good to know. All these changes and all who knows where what is anymore. 

Hi @Jb456 

The 2GBBONUS should reflect under the My Promotions tab, as opposed to the My Data & Add-on's section (which displays plan, add-on data & gifted data buckets)

At least that's where it displays under one of the accounts i 'manage' who is receiving the 2GBBONUS.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Derrell   

2GBBONUS has been and on and off promotion and there are couple other promotion going through and not sure if the code was valid when you joined.

But check with PM CS Agent, open ticket with them and ask them to confirm if it was missed:

open a ticket with PM Support. Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. Type: Missing promotion
  2. Click: My bonus is missing
  3. Then click "Contact Us" ,
  4. and then click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Derrell 

Did you activate at home, online?  Or in store with a vendor.

This promo code was only for at home online activations.  

It should have taken only 2 business days for promo data to show up.  

The final potential issue is that this code has not been advertised recently on Public mobile and may not be valid anymore.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Derrell Most announcements for promotions like this say it could take up to 2 business days for data bonus to be applied. It is well past that time frame for you. If you do not see anything in your account under the "My Data & add-on" section. Then follow other posters instructions on how to contact support.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

It shouldn't take that long @Derrell 

Check the My Promotions of your self-serve (to the bottom right of the self serve screen) to see if it's there.

Regarding the referral code, have your friend confirm if they received any indication of a referral under their rewards records.   You should see a $10 credit resting under your Available Balance within a couple days of the activation, confirming you used a referral code upon activation.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Derrell  - the $10 should have been applied within 72 hours of activating. If you do not see this, then contact CSA to have it applied to your account, confirm the code with your friend first to verify it...did they receive their reward?

You can also inquire about the 2GB promo when you do.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

EDIT: sorry, I don't think you had the issue with the $10, right? You got that..I think.

No, it should not have affected your 2GB promo. If you signed up as per the terms than you should see it on your account.

Contact CSA to inquire.

Need Help? Let's chat.