cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with SIM cards !

ken45
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been a public mobile user since they started. Last week out of the blue my SIM card stop resisting to public mobile . I have tried everything that's been on this site and every other site I found. So I went and bought a new SIM card and it will not register in the phone. And the phone will not recognize the new SIM card either. I had to make a new email just to get this far. .how can I link up to my original account were I have paid for this month and keep my points.

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ken45 

Can you please call 1 855 4PUBLIC and enter your 10 digit phone number and find out your account status. Is it suspended? When was your last renewal? Is it possible that your credit card expired causing an Auto pay failure? Or if your renewal was April 1st there was a larger system issue causing Auto pay failures for customers renewing on that date.

If you do not have a self serve account because you activated in store or can't remember the email to log in go to 7/11, a Shell Station, RCSS, Circle K or walmart and pick up a pm voucher to cover your plan amount and reactivate your service by loading your voucher via 611 on your phone or calling the 1 855 4PUBLIC number again and entering your 10 digit phone #. Press (1) and (1) again and enter the 12 digit pin # from the voucher. Once it confirms a successful payment hang up and reboot your phone. Your account will be automatically reactivated.

You can now either create your self serve account or contact customer support to gain access to your account and update your payment card details.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@ken45 wrote:

Thank you for your response . I have been a mobility client for years now but I never need to sign in . I have tried everything to get into my account but none of my emails or pass words work how can I recoup my true account ?

@ken45  is it possible you never registered for a self serve account??

To register for one, you can do that here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Also confirm your phone wasn't blacklisted out of the blue.

@ken45 

Contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

ken45
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your response . I have been a mobility client for years now but I never need to sign in . I have tried everything to get into my account but none of my emails or pass words work how can I recoup my true account ?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ken45 

Try your non-functioning SIM card in another device first.

Then try a known functioning SIM card (friend or family member) in your device to see if it works.

These above items will allow you to determine whether a DEVICE or SERVICE(SIM) issue.

Let us know!!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ken45   you sure it is not your phone?

First asking your friend for an Active SIM , any provider, and test it on your phone and see if it works

For your new SIM, did you login and request to Change SIM?  If you have done so already, please try your new SIM in another phone and see if it works 

If you have not requested change sim, your old one will still work.  Similarly test it on another phone to see if it works.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ken45  if this really is a bum-SIM card, swapping it is pretty straight forward. 

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ken45  - so you cannot log into your existing self serve account?

You do not need to activate a new account with a new SIM card, you just need to swap the number on your account....but you may not need to swap the sim card at all.

What issues are you experiencing with your current card? Let's see if we can troubleshoot that one first.

Call 611 or log into self serve and confirm your account is ACTIVE.

Try one or more of the below for further troubleshooting...

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*perform a reset network settings on your device

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

*manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls

If issues persist, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Need Help? Let's chat.