cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems porting from Koodo to Public using eSIM

gdanthony
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Yesterday I successfully ported 4 numbers from Koodo to Public Mobile using eSIMs, but the fifth number I tried to port is having issues.  I received the text from Koodo to authorize the port and replied "Yes" and I received an email from Koodo confirming that the previous account is cancelled.  I then received a text from Public Mobile saying to restart my phone and I did, but the number never connected to the eSIM.  I can still see the number attached to the Koodo SIM and if I call the phone it still rings through Koodo.  I have tried removing the Koodo SIM and resetting the network settings on the phone multiple times and have restarted the phone multiple times with no change.  I tried submitting a ticket, but the form will not accept the "N/A" they ask to be entered for an eSIM in place of the SIM number as it will accept numerical entry only.  I sent a private message to CS_Agent, but have not received a reply yet and I really need to get this working ASAP.  Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

9 REPLIES 9

gdanthony

I used the physical SIM that I was asked to purchase so I don't know if the eSIM would work now or not.  When I was messaging with the customer service rep, they asked me to purchase a physical SIM card (they credited my account for the cost).  I tried activating that SIM and it still didn't work so I messaged them back to let them know and the response I got was "It appears the SIM card change has made possible the detection of some network errors for #XXXXXXXXXX. The port is completed, but I`ll open a network ticket for these issues and let you know once we get a resolution."  A couple of hours after that, I noticed that it was connected and working properly.

gabeP
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Number is ported, the issue is getting the esim to work on my phone 

hi @gabeP is that porting issue?. Tell us more 

gabeP

I am having a similar issue. The CS agents are not helpful. How did you get it escalated?

gdanthony

Just to update this for anyone else having similar issues, the Public Mobile porting support could not help as this was an issue with provisioning the SIM on my account.  I had to send a message to CS_Agent and wait.  They got back to me and had me purchase a physical SIM card to use instead of the eSIM.  This did not fix my issues.  The customer service agent escalated my case to the network support team and they did something on the back end and it started working after a couple of hours.

Aimaiti

Hi @hTideGnow , 
Thank you. I am trying to reach out to them. I will give update.

HI @Aimaiti 

Sent, please check your inbox

Aimaiti

Hi @hTideGnow , I am also having porting issue. Could you also please send me the number to  PM Porting support team? Thank you!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @gdanthony it is weid, sound like the number not ported yet.  But check with PM porting support team and confirm.   I will send you the number to PM Porting support team  Please check your community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.