cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with number transfer

Sun_Rock
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was completing a number transfer, but after a few hours there was a message saying the transfer failed.  Am not sure what the issue is as there is no error log. I was reading other posts that it could be due to incomplete porting, but I have never received any text message for replying Yes.  Would there be other issue for the failure in number transfer?  What to try now? 

Thank!

5 REPLIES 5

@Sun_Rock 

Although Telus is the parent company to Koodo and PM. Staff will not help you as PM is an online self serve service.

You can only get assistance from this Community or from a CS_Agent by private messaging.

Sun_Rock

Thanks all, I have been calling the numbers but after 3 hours, the issue still not solved (line busy / CS dropped the line etc).  Does visiting a Telus or Kodoo location help to resolve the issue?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sun_Rock 

Did you leave the old SIM in the phone to get the text?

Also, is your old account still active? It need to be active to port out.

Sun_Rock

Thank you for your help.  Yes I was using IMEI.  I had two numbers to transfer and the other one was successful, so unsure about why the other one did not work.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sun_Rock 

Did you use IMEI as the porting info? It is better to use account number of your old provider instead. 

There is a number to call to talk to live support and you can update them with the account number.  They can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.