cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with local calls - long Distance Add On needed?!

immokalee_1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

since a few days we receive the automated message that we can‘t complete the call since we don’t have a Long Distance Add on, although we only call local (Ontario) numbers. Our plan includes provincial wide calls and we haven‘t had an issue since we use public mobile (at least 10 months)

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

@immokalee_1 wrote:

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it still doesn’t work. Dialing „1“ before the number didn’t do the trick. Call still doesn’t go through. It says, it is not covered by my plan. And I am certain, I have an unlimited provincial calling. 

There's a possibility that your account provisioning may have glitched.  You need to seek moderator team assistance to rectify.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

@immokalee_1 wrote:

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it still doesn’t work. Dialing „1“ before the number didn’t do the trick. Call still doesn’t go through. It says, it is not covered by my plan. And I am certain, I have an unlimited provincial calling. 

Does your self serve account show you have the unlimited province wide calling? Maybe there is a problem with your account.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@immokalee_1 wrote:

May I ask what plan you are currently on?

GC

It's possible that the phone number is relatively new, and isn't set up in Public Mobile's 'provincial' calling rules.

You should private message the moderator_team with details about the phone number you're calling, and your pin, account number and phone number.

immokalee_1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I recommend Android users consider the Google dialer.  It will automatically append a 1 in front of the 10 digit number. Country codes are also managed automatically.  Fool proof long distance dialing.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@immokalee_1 wrote:

Hi,

since a few days we receive the automated message that we can‘t complete the call since we don’t have a Long Distance Add on, although we only call local (Ontario) numbers. Our plan includes provincial wide calls and we haven‘t had an issue since we use public mobile (at least 10 months)

Thank you!

If you ignore the warning message, will your call continue to connect?

Add 1 in front of ON number and try again.  Please report result.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@immokalee_1 wrote:

Hi,

Thank you!

There's no need to create multiple threads. An Oracle will probably merge these.

Need Help? Let's chat.