cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 3GB Data

Geoffrey59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi folks,

I would like to direct this to an adminstrator, but it has been quite a while since I had to do that and I forget how.  I recently used my rewards for the abovementioned add-on.  In the U.S., I was sometimes connected to AT&T, sometimes to T-Mobile.  When on AT&T, I could hear the other person on the call, but he could not hear me.  Tried several times, to no avail.  When on T-Mobile, the same problem happened on one phone call, but not another.  In all cases the same person, also in the U.S. on a U.S. plan (he's a resident of the U.S., and I don't know don't know his carrier).  Oh yes, and when he called me, my phone wouldn't ring, but I would get the notification that he left a voicemail.  (And yes, my ringer was turned on, and full volume).  This is not the first time I've had this issue with this add-on in the U.S.  Last time I complained about it, my reward points were reimbursed, as I think they should be this time.  More importantly, however, why isn't this problem resolved?  The first time was at least a couple years ago.  I'm on an iPhone Xs Max, if that makes any difference.  Oh yes, sometimes the problem would be fixed temporarily if I put the phone in then out of airplane mode.  But only temporarily.  Shouldn't have to do that!!

Thanks, Geoffrey

4 REPLIES 4

Geoffrey59

Thanks Handy1!

A lot of rigamarole but considering how infrequently I go to the States these days, I guess it is still better to put up with it than to switch over to Telus and pay a fortune 🙂

Geoffrey59

Thank you, I will!

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Geoffrey59 You can reach CS Agent using this link if you're interested in asking for a refund for the addon.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

From what I've seen, the US addon can be hit or miss at times.  You may have to manually try to connect to AT&T's network or T-Mobile and turn on roaming.  Unfortunately it seems like this isn't a seemless solution but a stop gap at this point.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Geoffrey59  Yes the US roaming can be tricky and not always clear with what one should do . It’s best to set phone to 4G/LTE and connect to T mobile or AT&T . And ensure you have data roaming turned on in phone settings . and if still issues with voice try phone to 2G and connect to T mobile . But to key support know about your issues you can use this direct link to share with them and maybe they can compensate you for your troubles 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.